1jz wont start on microsquirt bad crank signal??

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

351jz
MS/Extra Newbie

1jz wont start on microsquirt bad crank signal??

Post by 351jz »

Hey been trying to get my 1jz on microsquirt to run but im haveing a problem with my crank and cam sensor. I have check ohm resistance and them seem to be in check but when i use composite logger they do not look anywhere near to what a crank and cam signal should look i am useing wastedspark with the wled plus resitior at 100ohm 1/4 watt and i check ever spark wire im getting nice a bright spark and every cylinder is getting fuel so i have change the polarity in crank and cam sensor i even test contounity to make sure i have the correct wires and no matter what all i get every so often is some fuel and spark backfire sometime some flames but thats all motor does start. I have attached to data log along with a composite log my igniton settings and my tune file that has never ran so yeah. I belive one of the datalog files has a dead map sensor reading but i have fixed that. Any help i mean anyyyything is helpful even if you think it wont do a thing say it because i have made some stupid mistakes that if i said you would be like wtf is he on. Ight thanks
1jz.zip
(131.26 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: 1jz wont start on microsquirt bad crank signal??

Post by Matt Cramer »

The cam signal looks great but the crank signal looks almost nonexistent. Bad NE sensor or too much gap?
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by elutionsdesign »

There are multiple issues going on there, the cam signal looks OK but the crank does not, there is an occasional blip but something in the wiring, gap or other is incorrect. Your coolant reads a constant 180 and that can't be correct, the TPS is a constant 38% so it appears it needs calibration. Lost sync reasons are 11 and 17, 11 is too few teeth before second trigger (the occasional blip mentioned, should be two sets of 11 teeth one missing between each cam signal) and 17 is second trigger not found when expected.
Graduate of EFI University.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!
351jz
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by 351jz »

ok thanks for the help im going to buy a new crank sensor and see what happens and i have a gm coolant sesnor from diy and i changed the calibaration to the gm sensor but its still reading 180 i even re check the wireing with a continuity tester to the pin on the sensor
hybrid
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by hybrid »

I'm pretty sure 180 is what it reads if no sensor is connected.
Do not load someone elses tune and expect it to work for you!
351jz
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by 351jz »

so i fixed my crank sensor it wasn't the sensor it was the teeth that somehow feel off the dialed pin of the crank pulley so i hammered it back in seems to work perfect now but still unable to start in a data log i got sync reason 17 but i have a good cam signal so idk why im getting that ill send a composite logger i also just witness it 2foot fireball coming out my exhaust look sick af i got a hood exit so i see it at.
fixed crank sensor.csv
(22.32 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
350z.msq
(117.76 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Try swapping the second trigger active edge.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
351jz
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by 351jz »

second trigger can only be rising edge or falling edge or poll level
rickb794
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by rickb794 »

In the above msq you have the cam signal set to rising edge.
I think Matt is suggesting trying falling edge.
Correctly identify your MS ecu here
Read the Do's and Don'ts to avoid the common pitfalls before starting your install or asking for help
Use only these manuals other manuals may cause brain damage or worse.
351jz
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by 351jz »

ok i will have to give that a try next week as i just gone ahead and purchased a fuel rail with bigger injectors and a good regualtor as i was having fuel issues to begin with.