Percent Baro as Primary Fuel Load

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

BlackBird_SR71
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Percent Baro as Primary Fuel Load

Post by BlackBird_SR71 »

Have some questions about using Percent Baro vs MAP in Primary Fuel Load.

1: For Tuning cars that constantly drive at High Altitudes ( IE: Above 5,000 ft ).

Single MAP sensor. If you set the Primary Fuel Load to Speed Density and Barometric correction to " Initial MAP Reading " will that re-scale the VE Table so that it uses the full scale. IE: 84.x Kpa at 5,000 ft = 100 Kpa on VE table. I under stand that Baro reading only takes place the first time car is started, so if car is driven from a High altitude to a low altitude this may cause an issue. However, if car is driven primarily at the high altitude, would this combination work successfully?

Or should we be using Percent Baro correction instead of Speed Density for Primary Fuel Load? ? Bearing in mind that in this scenario, we only have 1 MAP sensor ( MPX4250 ).

2: Car driven at vastly variable altitudes. IE: people going from Sea level to 4,000 ft on a regular basis.

For this scenario, am I right in using two MAP sensors and using one a a real time Barometer. That would require using Percent Baro and having the second external MAP sensor reading atmospheric pressure only. Not hooked into the Intake Tract. The external Baro sensor ( GM external ) ) would only need to be 1 Bar. Correct??
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Percent Baro as Primary Fuel Load

Post by elutionsdesign »

We use %baro on turbo snowmobiles that go from relatively low North Dakota (1000 ft or so) into the mountains in Montana and Idaho, works great but you do need the second external baro sensor to make it work. Yes, get a 1 bar for that.
Graduate of EFI University.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!
BlackBird_SR71
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Percent Baro as Primary Fuel Load

Post by BlackBird_SR71 »

Thanks. That's what I thought.