Can't load my tune that I had the tuner send me

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

trentciccone
MS/Extra Newbie

Can't load my tune that I had the tuner send me

Post by trentciccone »

tune signature comms330np
Configuration signature 342aP

I bought a laptop and I had the guy that tuned my car send me the file of my tune and I cannot load the MSQ tune ! I think I understand that it's saying that my tune is the old version and the version I downloaded on my laptop is the new version. Can I convert the tune file ? Or can I uninstall the one I have on my computer and just use one that works so I don't have to start from scratch? Thank you
trentciccone
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Can't load my tune that I had the tuner send me

Post by trentciccone »

I did figure out last night that it did in fact load my tune , none of the actual fuel and timeinf was there though. But it did have the basic information of my car such as 2400 four stroke etc. but there was a lot of stuff missing . I guess we could re tune it but I'm just trying to use the tune we have . I'm not sure if maybe I paid for the extra features when I was at the shop with the guy tuning it and maybe I have the basic version on my laptop? Thanks for the help guys
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Please post up a copy of the file you were trying to load.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
rickb794
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by rickb794 »

If you over-wrote what is in the MS you have lost the tables that were in it.
If you did not over-write the current tune,
The correct procedure is to connect to the MS and read the installed tune into your computer.

In other words You do not need a tune file (msq) when introducing a new computer to the MS.
You start a new project and download (read) the current tune into TS by accepting the existing MS tune.
The difference warning window has two options, one is to use the TS data the other is to use the MS data.

In 6.3 of the setup manual are instructions to use a 3.3.* tune with the current firmware.
Correctly identify your MS ecu here
Read the Do's and Don'ts to avoid the common pitfalls before starting your install or asking for help
Use only these manuals other manuals may cause brain damage or worse.
trentciccone
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by trentciccone »

rickb794 wrote:If you over-wrote what is in the MS you have lost the tables that were in it.
If you did not over-write the current tune,
The correct procedure is to connect to the MS and read the installed tune into your computer.

In other words You do not need a tune file (msq) when introducing a new computer to the MS.
You start a new project and download (read) the current tune into TS by accepting the existing MS tune.
The difference warning window has two options, one is to use the TS data the other is to use the MS data.

In 6.3 of the setup manual are instructions to use a 3.3.* tune with the current firmware.
I believe in the process I over wrote the tune , I was trying to diagnose an issue with the car and in the process I had connection issues so some how I managed to over write it and even though I was emailed the tune and tried to re load it and thatsbwhere im at , I'll read that section and try it ! Thank you
trentciccone
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by trentciccone »

Ok still can't figure this thing out , the first tune we mad must have been on older firmware and then I must have downloaded another firmware to my computer . It gives me a list of errors when I upload the time anyway. Is there any chance that I paid for another suite with extra options when we first tuned the car on his laptop and some reason now that I have the program on my laptop I don't have access to the same features ? Maybe I have the basic and not the upgrade that I paid for the first time ? Thank you
rickb794
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by rickb794 »

Or possibly the processor board was swapped?

Tuner Studio features that are enabled for the full version do not affect MS features, they are advanced or auto tuning.

If your seller cannot get you going in the right direction I would start over.

Load a fresh version of Extra 3.4.2 outside of Tuner Studio, and create a new project before connecting so you get a clean slate.
Calibrate your sensors
Go through the settings to insure you have everything right.
You can export your tables from the other tune but they may not be right, it should start and run on the default tables unless you are boosted.
You could import the tables later if you cant get it going.
I would also pay for the advanced version of TS it is worth every penny. Auto tune is the good stuff.

What is your location? Maybe there is a MS'r near you who can give you some pointers.
Correctly identify your MS ecu here
Read the Do's and Don'ts to avoid the common pitfalls before starting your install or asking for help
Use only these manuals other manuals may cause brain damage or worse.
trentciccone
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by trentciccone »

rickb794 wrote:Or possibly the processor board was swapped?

Tuner Studio features that are enabled for the full version do not affect MS features, they are advanced or auto tuning.

If your seller cannot get you going in the right direction I would start over.

Load a fresh version of Extra 3.4.2 outside of Tuner Studio, and create a new project before connecting so you get a clean slate.
Calibrate your sensors
Go through the settings to insure you have everything right.
You can export your tables from the other tune but they may not be right, it should start and run on the default tables unless you are boosted.
You could import the tables later if you cant get it going.
I would also pay for the advanced version of TS it is worth every penny. Auto tune is the good stuff.

What is your location? Maybe there is a MS'r near you who can give you some pointers.

I'm in Pensacola , Florida. Thank you for the reply. I could be mistaken, but, i just loaded tuner studio again from the website and it says I have v.3.0.28 is that the most recent? It's mspnp on 89 240sx . I want to upload the msq but for some reason it's only letting me access this thread through my phone
Attachments
IMG_3483.JPG
IMG_3483.JPG (935.81 KiB) Viewed 383 times