all 4 ign outputs firing

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

chris_the_rat
Helpful MS/Extra'er

all 4 ign outputs firing

Post by chris_the_rat »

Hi. I have a MS2 extra on version 3.4.2 running wasted spark on a chevy V8. 4 outputs starting on LED D14. The three LEDS and an extra output run 4 BIP373's I had some trouble with the engine running rough a wail back and now finally I found some time to troubleshoot. I removed the MS box from the car and ran it on my desk with 12V supply. Testing the outputs in testmode i found all blinking (using a LED with a resistor 330ohms in series) No matter what I choose in test mode, coil a, b, c or D they all blink more or less strongly. Is my msg messed up or is something wrong with the hardware.
Attachments
2017-10-18_20.12.30.msq
(121.44 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
Camaro -68, 327 th200-4r, MS2 extra, autorotor 2,2l
rickb794
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: all 4 ign outputs firing

Post by rickb794 »

I see nothing wrong with the ignition settings.

Fuel table looks rocky, what kind of boost?
Correctly identify your MS ecu here
Read the Do's and Don'ts to avoid the common pitfalls before starting your install or asking for help
Use only these manuals other manuals may cause brain damage or worse.
chris_the_rat
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by chris_the_rat »

yes, the "rockyness" is anouther problem I have been trying to solve, no matter what i do the autotune enrichens this area.. tonight I will try reflashing the firmware, it this does not help I have a spare MS2 CPU to try with.
rickb794
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by rickb794 »

If you are not boosted you should rescale all three of your tables to top out at 100kpa.

Anything over 100kpa is positive intake pressure, boost.

Interesting that you are using Lambda instead of AFR, this is new to me the first time I have run into its use here.
Perhaps this is where you are running into issues with auto tune?
I am searching where to enable this behavior now.

Did you inherit this tune or was it a download off the web?
Or did you purposely change that from the default of wideband?

I found it in project properties but when I tried to change it (in the temp project i have your tune open in) it barfed.
If you are new to tuning you might want to switch to AFR's instead of Lambda. It may be easier to wrap your head around.
However I am not sure you can switch that parameter in your current tune without muddling what you have.
You may need to start a new project to change that behavior, that may be best given the table rescaling you may need at the same time (if you're not boosted).
Leave the default settings in place (except the hardware settings that apply to your particular install).
The default tables are as good as any place to start.
The tools drop down for the table windows has a table generator you can use as well once you get your other settings entered.
Remember to calibrate your sensors under tools at the top of the main screen, throttle, both temps, and AFR table (where you tell it what kind of O2 you have).
Correctly identify your MS ecu here
Read the Do's and Don'ts to avoid the common pitfalls before starting your install or asking for help
Use only these manuals other manuals may cause brain damage or worse.
chris_the_rat
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by chris_the_rat »

well, lucky me as i have a kompressor on the engine!! Boost is up to about 170kpa. And the reason I use lambda is i run the engine on E85. As for the map i believe i have generated it and the work on it. the engine has previuosly run fine at idle and on highr rpm but in the area of around 1500-2000rpm I can not tune it, if i autotune it just enrichens and enrichens. If I manually lower it it builds right up again. I get lots of stumbling and missfires in this area so I have done a lot of changes on the engine as maniforld, camshaft and more but always the same behavior. I have tested earlier MSD box and now I have 2 ford EDIS coils run of the 4 BIP373's Sitill always the some untunable area. And now recently I found with the timing light that no spark on cylinder 1 and 6. So I assume some error in the hardware of the MS2. I took out the box from the car and ran it on the bench and tested the 4 outputs and found that all 4 fire all the time no matter what output i choose in the test mode (coil a, b, c or d) Hopefully this weekend I will have time and test with a new MS2 CPU I have and see if this changes anything.
Anyway thanks for the time and effort you put into trying to help me.
/Christian