IAC Extra air during deceleration

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Sergie
MS/Extra Newbie

IAC Extra air during deceleration

Post by Sergie »

Hi, thank you for accept me on the forum. Im getting involved with and MS 2 V3.0 card and Im wondering if is it possible that during a deceleration to move back the IAC stepper motor some steps to make the deceleration some softer putting additional air and gradually move it forward to normal iddle rpm. I don´t know if there is a parameter that could control this behavior. Thank you all.

I do not have MSQ files yet. Im just introducing into software configuration.
anesthes
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: IAC Extra air during deceleration

Post by anesthes »

Like a throttle follower on the GM code ?

-- Joe
hybrid
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by hybrid »

You can set whatever number of steps you like in the closed loop initial values table.
But you just have to hope that the valve moves fast enough to catch before the engine stalls.
Do not load someone elses tune and expect it to work for you!
Sergie
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Sergie »

anesthes wrote:Like a throttle follower on the GM code ?

-- Joe
Thank you Joe. I really dont know about the GM code, but what I have seen in most of modern cars is that when you depress accelerator, the engine does not drop revs dramatically, instead they make a soft decreasing of rpms until the engine achieves the regular idle speed.

Enviado desde mi HTC One mediante Tapatalk
Sergie
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Sergie »

hybrid wrote:You can set whatever number of steps you like in the closed loop initial values table.
But you just have to hope that the valve moves fast enough to catch before the engine stalls.
Thank you hybrid, yes I think that would work. I will try that way an let you know. Thank you again.

Enviado desde mi HTC One mediante Tapatalk