KTM LC8 75degree V twin, will it work?

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

h22
Helpful MS/Extra'er

KTM LC8 75degree V twin, will it work?

Post by h22 »

I want to put a Microsquirt module on my motorcycle.

It has a 1000cc Vtwin with a 75 degree V angle.

It uses a 24 - 2 crank trigger, and i assume it uses the MAP sensor on cylinder 1 to sync the injection timing. It uses an ITB induction system with a MAP per cylinder as well as a separate BARO. It also uses COP ignition.

I have a PNP board designed ( though not yet ordered ) that has the stepper motor driver, and the ignition coil IGBTs, as well as the factory style ECM connector and the microsuirt module headers and mounting holes.

Looking at the latest code, it appears that the microsquirt module will work with this trigger wheel and MAP sensor as the cam sync. However, I am wondering if the code will allow me to tune each cylinder separately, both fuel and timing?

The factory computer does this, as there are significant differences in each cylinders fuel and timing requirements.
Ideally i would like to have a WB O2 installed on each cylinder, and allow tuner studio to auto tune each cylinder separately, and have a separate timing table for each cylinder.

Will the code allow for this?

Thanks
2swe
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: KTM LC8 75degree V twin, will it work?

Post by 2swe »

individual fuel trim is possible, but individual spark is not..
1978 vw golf gti 16v itb cop full sequential MS2
1992 vw corrado 16v moonlight blue MS2