Drive ability MS1 vs MS2

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Willysjeepguy71
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Drive ability MS1 vs MS2

Post by Willysjeepguy71 »

Hello,
I have been running MS1 for 12 years and was wondering if the switch to MS2 would help me over the MS1. With the MS1 I always had to tune (rescale the VE table was the easiest for me). when driving from sea level to 7000ft. I recently purchased the mapdady and installed it for Constant Baro Correction but not sure the MS1 code is going to give me the drivability I am expecting. I would appreciate any input in this matter. I have done a lot of reading on it and most say that %baro is the way to go. It’s too bad MS1 doesn’t have this option.
Any input is appreciated.

My current set up is a naturally aspirated TBI odd fire v6 fuel only. MS1 running extra 029y4
rickb794
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Drive ability MS1 vs MS2

Post by rickb794 »

Another way is to reset the baro by shutting off the motor, the baro will get reset when the motor is restarted.
Assuming baro correction is set up right.
Correctly identify your MS ecu here
Read the Do's and Don'ts to avoid the common pitfalls before starting your install or asking for help
Use only these manuals other manuals may cause brain damage or worse.
2cvJasu
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by 2cvJasu »

Willysjeepguy71 wrote:My current set up is a naturally aspirated TBI odd fire v6 fuel only. MS1 running extra 029y4
With MS2 you can have ignition controlling with odd-fire -engine. On my car, changing from distributor controlled ignition to MS2 controlled made the engine running better than ever before, at first with distributor and then with wasted spark, that was the best upgrade to that engine...
Gavin Lodewick
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Gavin Lodewick »

Willysjeepguy71 wrote: I recently purchased the mapdady and installed it for Constant Baro Correction but not sure the MS1 code is going to give me the drivability I am expecting. I would appreciate any input in this matter. I have done a lot of reading on it and most say that %baro is the way to go. It’s too bad MS1 doesn’t have this option.
Any input is appreciated.
Hi. Hr10g will be able to use %baro in MS1.

Gavin