Included afr, couple of questions after making the switch!

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Spiffy
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Included afr, couple of questions after making the switch!

Post by Spiffy »

Hi there, a little history first:
I've had my ecu up and running for almost a year or so now and I had include afr on from the get go and used auto tune to get fueling somewhat correct.
However a couple of weeks before I was gonna get it tuned my wideband started acting up and on the dyno it stopped working. So the tuner decided we did NOT include afr and tuned it the "oldschool" method i guess with only the ve map. And results where good but on the way home my wideband suddenly started to work again and ever since it has been flawless, this was october of last year. So a good 3-4 months of running and one thing I've noticed is that it's running rich, cruising and light load is in the 13's which seems way to much. I've had several coworkers and friends say my car stinks! And it's true, the exhaust reeks, getting way to much fuel, it's worst when it's cold outside.

Yesterday I decided to try to include afr to get it to run leaner and just take advantage of the available technology. I have ego control set to on from 500rpms and up to 90kpa, what I noticed that it slowly whent from 13's under idle to about 14,5 like the afr map said, and under cruising and light load it also corrected it to 14-15:1. Much better.
But under boost however it goes way rich, it was mapped to run low 12's under boost but now it running 10's. Why is that? should't it go by the ve map since ego control is off after 90kpa?
And also, I initially was thought to tune my ve map so that af's would match the afr map when including afr; should I retune now so that it matches again? Because going from 13 under idle and cruise to high 14's/15 is a fair bit of adjusting for the ecu to do isn't it?
Attachments
Tom nicklas sand final.msq
tuned
(119.34 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
tom sand final incl afr.msq
after adding incl afr and ego control
(119.39 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Last edited by Spiffy on Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spiffy
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Included afr, couple of questions after making the switc

Post by Spiffy »

Datalog, first is a 12km drive as it has been. Then incorporate afr and ego control and the return trip:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iJD_o ... -BF48iX-tX
Spiffy
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Included afr, couple of questions after making the switc

Post by Spiffy »

Been reviewing my log this morning and I notice there are several times it boosts more than it should, we had it set to about 0.6bar but on two pulls going from 3-5th gear its almost pushing 1 bar of boost. I don't have a boost gauge permanently set up in my car so it might have been doing this on earlier ocasions without me knowing. I didn't get to drive as hard after I turned inc.afr on because of traffic so that might be why it might have seemed to ran richer afterwards, it just wasn't boosting as much as the first run. Will do it again and make sure to wring it out to get more comparable data...