jimstim issue

Building and using the Stimulator to test your Megasquirt

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

indy99
Helpful MS/Extra'er

jimstim issue

Post by indy99 »

i have the ms1 v3 megasquirt and i bought the jimstim to work my application.eveything on the stim works apart from the rpm and the rpm fine tuner.does any one have any ideas as to why it wouldnt work or is there something on the megasquirt board that needs connecting or have i missed some thing.

from a confused Rick :lol:
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: jimstim issue

Post by racingmini_mtl »

Have you done the tests described here to verify that the RPM works as it should on the JimStim? If the test is successful then the issue is either the MS board or your configuration.

Which firmware, wheel mode, tach circuit are you using? Which jumpers have you set on the JimStim?

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
indy99
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by indy99 »

yeah i have done the tests on the jimstim and nothing.i was also told it could be the settings in megatune.i have the 36-1 set up but not sure or how to set it in megatune.the only jumpers i have or done is the pwm valve mod and the vr sensor which was tsel to vrout along with xg1 to xg2
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

When you say "nothing", do you mean nothing wrong or no signal? If you get no signal in the tests then the problem is on the JimStim. If the tests are successful, it's a configuration issue either on your Megasquirt or on the JimStim.

If you don't get a tach signal in the tests, it can be a couple of things as mentioned in the tests. It can either be the protection diode or the CPU. If it's the diode, you can run without it but should replace it at some point. If it's the CPU, you'll need to replace it. I have spare CPUs if needed.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
indy99
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by indy99 »

everything else works on the stim bar the rpm one. when you say check the tach signal ,do you mean on the megasquirt itself? how do i test it to see if it work?and where will i locate the diode?
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

I mean check the tach signal on the JimStim as described in the section called "Testing the tach signal" in the link I gave above (here). If you don't get a tach signal there then you need to find the problem by doing the troubleshooting described in the following section on the same link.

The protection diode is D4 and it is located just besides the voltage regulator (U2) on the JimStim. You can see where in step 3 of the assembly instruction. However, if you have a V1.3 board then there is no D4 so just ignore it and check the rest.

Jean