40-1 wheel

Building and using the Stimulator to test your Megasquirt

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

jeffro1234
MS/Extra Newbie

40-1 wheel

Post by jeffro1234 »

Is it possible for me to setup a 40-1 wheel to the jim stim or does it have to be added in via a programming cable and software. Can it be added?
Thanks
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Re: 40-1 wheel

Post by jsmcortina »

The firmware would need changing and it is a relatively simple change (say half an hour total.) However, in an attempt to reduce piracy, we have not released the firmware so you won't be able to do it yourself.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
jeffro1234
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by jeffro1234 »

what would be the best configuration for me to run tests to simulate something close to a 40 tooth in the currently available stim? I think mine is ver1.4.
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

The closest option would be the 36-1 mode. This will give very similar results since it has a tooth every 10 degrees instead of your one tooth every 9 degrees.

Of course, you'll have to remember to change the settings when you put your MS in your car. But it's only a single value.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
jeffro1234
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by jeffro1234 »

Then I would have to reprogram all the spark settings for all the 5 coils for the 36T and they dont come out evenly hence the reason they used a 40 tooth on this engine. I bought the jim stim thinking I could program in the number of teeth I was using. I didnt realize it was hardcoded. There isnt a 60-1 either or that could possibly work unless one of those models listed uses it -it would be handy to know what those models listed(suzuki, daihatsu, miata ect) have for hardware to know if those are usable.
Peter Florance
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Peter Florance »

jeffro1234 wrote:Then I would have to reprogram all the spark settings for all the 5 coils for the 36T and they dont come out evenly hence the reason they used a 40 tooth on this engine. I bought the jim stim thinking I could program in the number of teeth I was using. I didnt realize it was hardcoded. There isnt a 60-1 either or that could possibly work unless one of those models listed uses it -it would be handy to know what those models listed(suzuki, daihatsu, miata ect) have for hardware to know if those are usable.
How about test with 60-2?
That's on the stim
Peter Florance
PF Tuning
81 BMW Euro 528i ESP Car
60-2 Wheel LS2 Coils, Low Z Inj
Co-Driver 1999 BMW E46 DSP car.