Jimstim 2.0 MS3 3.57 no tach after needle blip

Building and using the Stimulator to test your Megasquirt

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

cwaugs
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Jimstim 2.0 MS3 3.57 no tach after needle blip

Post by cwaugs »

Yet another post on this. I've went through the forums and read all I can find and tried all but the right settings. but when I turn the rpm pots up, all it will do is blip the tach needle and turn on the crank, synch, and one other light, as well as the fuel pump led and will blip the two inj led's then stop. Have toothed wheel 36-1 sequential COP Waste, (really want COP but hits a config. error then) Have tried the different tach jumpers as well and all over the board as far as the trim pots are concerned bu uto no avail. Any ideas? Thanks much for your time! Wayne
MS3X V 3.57
73 Z28 Camaro 6.0 LS2
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Jimstim 2.0 MS3 3.57 no tach after needle blip

Post by racingmini_mtl »

Which jumpers have you set on the JimStim and the MS board? Will you be using a VR sensor or a Hall sensor?

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
cwaugs
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by cwaugs »

have it set for hall JP1 in the bottom right of the board positions 1 and 2
J1 in the middle of the board jumpered across positions 3 and 4
square wave on the JS and have switch 3 on but have tried quite a few different settings Thanks again for the quick response! W
MS3X V 3.57
73 Z28 Camaro 6.0 LS2
cwaugs
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by cwaugs »

Finally got it to settle down and work after trying all of the switch positions watching the led's on the JS. Ended up being one of the Rennix settings that is working so must be a config setting that I am overlooking or simply don't understand. Think I'll run the JS self diags and make sure it is all good because the ign led's still won't light up no matter
What I try. Thanks again for the time! Wayne
MS3X V 3.57
73 Z28 Camaro 6.0 LS2
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

Do you have jumpers set on the RX and TX pin headers on the JimStim? if so, remove them since this is only needed when using the serial port on the JimStim and interferes with wheel mode selection.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
cwaugs
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by cwaugs »

No I haven't tried that part of JS yet. I'm too new at this to have a good grasp as to the chain of what needs to be set in what order. For example I will get it working then change something in the basic settings and have to back step to figure it out. It would probably be best if I start with a new setup and logically go through the settings first before expecting it to magically heal itself. For example, I am trying to set this dude up on a 454 BBC sequential and COP but the settings I get to work are a renix 4 cyl. My point exactly! I eventually will get a grasp. Thanks much, Wayne
MS3X V 3.57
73 Z28 Camaro 6.0 LS2
cwaugs
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by cwaugs »

Finding out the logic behind all of this and getting closer. Question though, do I need to run an external jumper wire to get the cam 2nd trigger to the MS3X pin 32 for sequential? Everything is jumping around like it still isn't configured correctly. The LED's on the JS do nothing as far as the injector and coil outputs. Do these need to be run different for the MS3X also? Thanks much again, Attached currennt MSQ Wayne
MS3X V 3.57
73 Z28 Camaro 6.0 LS2
cwaugs
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by cwaugs »

Have it working consistently after loading the other wheels in the Jimmy. It is making more sense as I go.
MS3X V 3.57
73 Z28 Camaro 6.0 LS2