Jim Stim 1.5 V2.0.3 Second Trigger?

Building and using the Stimulator to test your Megasquirt

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Daryl
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Jim Stim 1.5 V2.0.3 Second Trigger?

Post by Daryl »

"To test the second trigger signal, do the same test as above but use the 36-1 wheel mode (only DIP switch #3 on) and connect the LED to the 2nd trigger pin header.."

So, I take the lead off the centre pin of the primary tach and attach to the second trigger, set dip switch #3 on.
When I do this the IAC led stays on but blips off regularly, like on the missing tooth. Not a regular flash like the primary tach test?? Is this correct?

I do not need the second trigger, was just testing for the 36-1 signal.

All other tests (tach and led) worked fine. Sensors work when connected to MS II, but no rpm signal.

Thanks
Daryl
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Jim Stim 1.5 V2.0.3 Second Trigger?

Post by racingmini_mtl »

Yes that's fine and it's doing what it should. The second trigger is only a short pulse every two rev and it's either a short on pulse or a short off pulse depending on the configuration.The testing configuration gives a short off pulse as you're seeing.

So the means your JimStim is fully functional. Your RPM issue is either a software configuration or a hardware configuration issue. Make sure you have everything correctly set in TunerStudio and that you have all the needed jumpers on the JimStim and MS and that the wheel mode on your MS matches the one on the JimStim.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
Daryl
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Jim Stim 1.5 V2.0.3 Second Trigger?

Post by Daryl »

Thanks Jean!
I may have forgotten a jumper........

Daryl