Jimstim problems, checking findings...

Building and using the Stimulator to test your Megasquirt

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Jimstim problems, checking findings...

Post by DaveEFI »

The spec of the components is in the Bill of Materials which you'll find in the manual.
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.
Chiburbian
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Chiburbian »

Right, but that is the exact part. If everything else is the same can m I use one with higher voltage for instance?

I am trying to avoid paying $3 shipping and waiting a week on a $.60 part. Plus I'd like to get my car on the road soonish.

I don't want to sound ungrateful for the help, I just am looking for alternatives in case I can't find a diode locally that has that spec. Fry's electronics is the best supplier for me locally and they use NTE, and NTE doesn't perfectly replicate every part nor does Fry's keep every NTE part in stock.
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by DaveEFI »

With a zener diode I'd tend to stick to the spec of the original. But there is more than one maker of zener diodes, and like transistors may use a different part number for a suitable substitute. Usually called an equivalent.
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.
Chiburbian
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Chiburbian »

I found an NTE 134a which seems to match all the specs.

EDIT: It also looks like I fried my processor chip. Somewhere around here I am 99% sure I have a spare chip that I accidentally bought a year or so ago. Crossing fingers.

Thanks.