Making best use of the JimStim

Building and using the Stimulator to test your Megasquirt

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

gtmdriver
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Making best use of the JimStim

Post by gtmdriver »

I bought my JimStim fully assembled and have used it to test my MS 2 V3.

It all seems to be working fine.

I have two high current ignition systems, two functioning injector banks and the IACV outputs seem to be working correctly too.

All the gauges on the Tuner Studio dashboard are responding as they should so I'm well pleased BUT before I shut it all down to mount the MS unit on the car is there any further testing, tuning or setting up that I can do using the JimStim rather than the actual engine?

I'd like to make as much use of the stim as possible before I pension it off or sell it.
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Making best use of the JimStim

Post by kjones6039 »

gtmdriver wrote:before I pension it off or sell it.
Why would you do that? You never know when you might find occasion to dig it out and use it again............

Ken
1979 Corvette - 383 CID SBC w/ Holley Pro-Jection 900 CFM TBI, 4-85 lb lo-z injectors & Walbro 255 pump
MS2 v3 w/extra 3.4.2 Release
36-1, Delphi LS2/7 coils in wasted spark, driven by v2.0 logic board from JBPerformance
Spartan Lambda Sensor from 14point7
TinyIOX from JBPerformance
gtmdriver
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by gtmdriver »

I was optimistically hoping that once I get my MS system sorted out I won't need to fiddle with it again :-)
MostHated
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by MostHated »

gtmdriver wrote:I was optimistically hoping that once I get my MS system sorted out I won't need to fiddle with it again :-)

If you want to sell it, let me know. I am a developer looking to utilize the data.
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by kjones6039 »

Bottom line....... if it was up to me, I wouldn't sell it!

One day, when you run into some small issue or want to add some new feature, among a lot other things I can think of, you will be running around saying "why the hell did I sell that?" :lol:

Seriously, why not keep it around, just in case? I don't think you will regret it.

Ken
1979 Corvette - 383 CID SBC w/ Holley Pro-Jection 900 CFM TBI, 4-85 lb lo-z injectors & Walbro 255 pump
MS2 v3 w/extra 3.4.2 Release
36-1, Delphi LS2/7 coils in wasted spark, driven by v2.0 logic board from JBPerformance
Spartan Lambda Sensor from 14point7
TinyIOX from JBPerformance
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

I know my MS has changed a lot over the years. Has been a work in progress. Tried out a few features it wasn't originally built for. Stim is handy to have.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
gtmdriver
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by gtmdriver »

So I've just answered my own question.

At the suggestion of Matt from DIY Autotune I used the screw connector strip to wire up my IACV off the car so that I could test it and set up the homing steps, running steps and fast idle curve for my particular installation. (I'm using the recommended Jeep IACV mounted in a BMW R1200 motorcycle throttle body so the homing steps was quite low at 170.)

I think I'll keep the JimStim for a while yet as it is obviously much more versatile than I first thought.
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by DaveEFI »

It's like all tools. You can never have too many. :D
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.