OH YEAH!!!

General talk about successes. See older information on MSRUNS forum.
Karl
Helpful MS/Extra'er

OH YEAH!!!

Post by Karl »

I finally hooked the waste gate up to the Mistubishi. It's a 2G Eclipse, Front wheel drive ragtop.

First the background. I bought this car as a wreck. It had a head on with a Caddy and didn't farewell. To give you an idea of how bad it was. It's a 1997 GS-T convertible, leather everything on it. I bought it in 99 for $3650. Anyway I put a bigger turbo on it and an aftermarket intercooler, because they were cheaper than the factory parts. I used to autocross an SVO mustang and then an 8v built to hell old improved touring rabbit. The rabbit was FTD with me in it on a regular basis. Anyway, work, family, etc, made me give up racing. I decided to go the MS route after the Mitsubish developed electrical problems nobody could fix.

Now for tonight. I hooked up the waste gate, took my AFR bin and made the +100kpa sections sloppy rich. Then just to be safe I set it up for boost duty targets and set all the targest to 0. I just wanted the boost the waste gate actuator would give me. After punching it a few times I was satisfied that I was on the rich side and that the boost wasn't going to high. Then I nailed it.

When I first got this car running. I thought the coolest thing in the world was how I could roll out gently in first and punch it and when the boost hit it would smoke the tires. Tonight I rolled out gently in second and punched it. I backed off when it lit the tires up. Did I say I was in second gear? No popping the clutch, just rolling about 20 MPH and flooring it. I looked at the log. 159kpa and 11-1 AFR. Yes, if my math is right. This thing smoked the tires in second gear at 8.5 pounds of boost. It never did that with the MAF sensor and Mitsbushi ECM, even at the Factory 10 psi level. I haven't smiled this big since the first time I got laid!

Oh, and I've got duty cycle to burn. For now. Time to gradually up the boost, buy some bigger injectors, then I'll probably need tires, and traction control is looking like a must.

Thank you to everbody who helped me get it running. And thank you to the developers.