Another Mopar Magnum V8

General talk about successes. See older information on MSRUNS forum.
Hahns5.2
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Another Mopar Magnum V8

Post by Hahns5.2 »

Well for nearly 2 years I was running MS2 2.2PCB fuel only on my 95 Dakota with a 5.2 Magnum V8 and a Remote turbo. Recently I took over idle with it too. Last month I pulled the motor and rebuilt it and switched to a front mount setup and decided it was time to switch to MS3X. Last weekend I ripped out the MS2 and all it's crappy wiring and wired up my MS3X. Full sequential, spark control, idle control, fan control, shift light control and soon to have boost control and water/meth control.

I fired it up first try on Sunday then went out and drove it about 40 miles. And have been driving it daily since. This truck is my DD. I put nearly 40k on my MS2 setup. I still have the stock PCM in place for the speedo, tach, and voltage regulator.

Old rats nest.

New setup, not great but much better.
95 Dakota, 5.2, 5 speed, 4x2, HX40, 12PSI, MS3X, 42lb Bosch Design 3 Injectors, AEM UEGO.
Hahns5.2
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Another Mopar Magnum V8

Post by Hahns5.2 »

Figured I'd just do a quick update. This truck is still my DD, I've put about 55k miles on it since the last post. For the last couple years I haven't really messed with it. Over the last few days I updated the firmware, hooked up the VSS and I've been refining the tune just a bit more.
95 Dakota, 5.2, 5 speed, 4x2, HX40, 12PSI, MS3X, 42lb Bosch Design 3 Injectors, AEM UEGO.
91DakBuilder
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by 91DakBuilder »

This is good to hear, I've got 2 MS3X systems. I'm planning on using one for my V6 Dakota daily, and 1 for my Gen III HEMI swapped 63 Dart. Glad to see the Mopar community embracing the MS world. It's a great system.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Nice work! MS3 can run the voltage regulator too, but if the gauges are on the CCD bus, they'll be a bit of a pain.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
Hahns5.2
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Hahns5.2 »

Yeah I think MS can drive the speedo and tach, about the only thing the stock PCM does anymore, if I ever get a wild hair I'll rip out the stock PCM totally and rewire everything. I'm finally going to characterize my injectors this weekend, I've got the tune very close with the default 1ms dead time with a lot of tweaking but I finally wanna stop and do this right.
Hahns5.2
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Hahns5.2 »

Getting the injector deadtime was a big improvement to the tune. And today I finally removed the stock PCM, full standalone now.

Here's a drive using racerender2 to overlay gauges
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGR_iA5GrqE

And here it is running for the first time as a full standalone. Tach was easy to hook up, speedo didn't need anything since it get its signal directly from the VSS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVLkYhc ... e=youtu.be