1UZ running good.

General talk about successes. See older information on MSRUNS forum.
1uz_nissan
Experienced MS/Extra'er

1UZ running good.

Post by 1uz_nissan »

I had the 1uz running on MS3/3.57 for going on a year. Probably in the neighbor hood of 18,000 miles, in fact right now, I'm 750 miles out of town.

-My '92 1uz is bone stock so far as I can tell.
-My exhaust is super restrictive. I have dual 2.25" coming together behind the transmission, running into the stock muffler for the old KA24E motor, which has a single 1 3/4" outlet. I know I would pick up a good amount of power with a good exaust, so my upper RPM fuel map will change.
-The 6wire stock IAC works great

Anyway I can help out someone, just let me know.
jusso
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: 1UZ running good.

Post by jusso »

G'Day Justin here from Australia just installed ms3x into my 92 V8 soarer and was looking for as much input and or setting advise.
Cheers.
jusso
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by jusso »

Hello how ya going what car are you running the 1uz in nissan?
how do i open attachments cos i really need some help here any chance of a chat if possible ive never installed an ECU
Ive got all my wiring done i hope its just the tuning some inside info.
would like to know more about you car please.
Cheers.
Justin.
1uz_nissan
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 1uz_nissan »

You can just hit me up here, and I'll help with what I can.

The wiring was straight forward, except the IAC. I've got a thread on that here http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 45#p335045

I'm not at home right now, so I can't run out to the truck and give you wire by wire, but i'll certainly do what I can to help.

Justin, I'd suggest starting with the .msq I posted earlier. Even if it's not perfect, it should cover most everything, and give you one heck of a start. My injectors are the 251cc versions. I think the same thing you have, but worth checking.

Any questions, just hit me up.
87-SR5
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by 87-SR5 »

Everyone keeps uploaded saying the MSQ I posted or uploaded! I can't see where to view it or download it! All I need is basic info to start a base tune for the 1UZ but an MSQ off another 1UZ with 5-speed would really help get close! My friend is a great tuner just need a good start! Thanks for any help!