1987 Oldsmobile

General talk about successes. See older information on MSRUNS forum.
Berg9987
Helpful MS/Extra'er

1987 Oldsmobile

Post by Berg9987 »

I assembled my MS2 kit from diyautotune last weekend. I hacked a stock ECU for the connector plug. I installed it in the car and started it for the first time on Thursday. Today I started it again and used the live analyzer in TunerStudio with some light driving around my area. Still have a long way to go tuning wise, but everything works.

The car (probably the most boring thing ever Megasquirted):
1987 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale Brougham
Buick LG3 engine
High impedance 17.5 lbs injectors

Ignition system follows the GM DIS wiring colour codes, but it isn’t a GM DIS (hall sensors instead of VR sensors) and it doesn’t seem to be a C3I (single crank hall sensor instead of two).
Built the MS2 following the old assembly guide (I liked the “build this part then test it” steps). I am running Extra 3.3.1 firmware. I am using a second map sensor for barometric corrections as my home town is near the base of the Rocky Mountains. I built the ignition interface circuits for the C3I that are posted in the MSExtra index. Set it up with the GM Bypass in the tuning software. D15 turns the radiator fan on and off.

I installed a relay to supply positive twelve volts to the stock fuel pump relay to turn it on.

I attached the rough tune that I have been working with. Acceleration enrichments are disabled (threshold at 1000) as are the EGO corrections since I am still working on the VE table.

Using an Autometer wideband.

Cheers,
Berg
"Sometimes i feel like an idiot but i am an idiot so it kinda works out"