1993 240sx KA24de

General talk about successes. See older information on MSRUNS forum.
JamesBroChill42
Helpful MS/Extra'er

1993 240sx KA24de

Post by JamesBroChill42 »

I've never really made a "build thread" for my car but since everything I've done to it is megasquirt related I figured I would just post things here.

I've got a 1993 Nissan 240sx running the KA24de motor. Until I finish college the car will remain NA/with this motor. I've got a MS II 3.57 board with the relay board and i'm running full fuel and spark. I am using the DIYautotune CAS wheel, which is a life saver for these motors apparently.

I've been running this setup for the past two years as of this posting and have had only minor problems all of which were caused from me learning as I go. Recently I tackled the closed loop idle control, Air conditioning and hunting down some top end pre-ignition.

The closed loop idle was operator error on my part. Having never done much with wiring I didn't realize that when jumper-ing the socket on the relay board you don't put the relay back in... :oops: . Removing the relay made the system work perfectly. Played around with open loop idle for about an hour then realized it sucks for dynamic loading. So now i've got the Closed loop idle going and it handles most load changes pretty well. Still needs some refinement but its good enough for around town.

Air conditioning was both converted to R-134a and made to talk with MS. Right now its wired so that if the AC compressor is on so are the fans. If the CLT goes above 210 or if TPS is above 85% then MS will kill the AC. I did this to replicate the system that was in place when the car was stock.

I have a friend who owns a dyno and recently he let me mess around with that. Turns out these motors like not a lot of advance at WOT. I was about 10 degrees too advanced....
I also did a couple 4th gear pulls and recorded 117 WHp. (disclaimer) this Dyno is pretty unforgiving. I'm told it under rates by quite a bit.
I'm not to concerned though because this is not a straight line go fast car. The 240 is a momentum car on the track...at least while NA it is... ;)