Spitfire 4AG with ITB

General talk about successes. See older information on MSRUNS forum.
Spit4ag
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Spitfire 4AG with ITB

Post by Spit4ag »

So A few weeks ago I pulled my spitfire into the driveway after school and decided it was time to make the switch. I had wanted to do it earlier, but unforseen circumstances stopped me.

For the swap I changed from the stock intake to the ITBs, and built my own wiring harness. The car is running MS2 V3 with 3.3.3 firmware. No IAC as of yet, but one will be added. To go from inside the car to the engine bay I am using a weatherpack bulkhead connector. Wideband is an innovate MTX-l. Sensors are GM IAT, toyota coolant temp, aftermarket TPS. Ignition is EDIS4 with the ford coil pack. There is an 85a relay triggered by the ignition that provides fused power to all areas that need ignition power. The fuel pump is powered by a relay triggered by the MS unit, and the power wire is used to signal the injector relay.

Overall it took me about 3 weeks to get it running, most of it was waiting on parts not related to MS, such as a new brake master cylinder and lines. The tune settings gave me fits, but I have figured out most of my issues thanks to this forum. The one base map I could find for a 4AG was set up for boost and not very good for NA with ITBs. My MSQ is not fully tuned, and still has areas that need help, but it is working well so far and it doesn't feel like there is any lost power.

I have to say thank you for everyone that has posted up with things they have figured out as well as those who have replied to my threads. I'm including my MSQ as it sits now, as well as a data log so that how it is running can be seen.
5-18 MSQ.msq
2015-05-18_16_modified.zip
Spit4ag
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Spitfire 4AG with ITB

Post by Spit4ag »

Here are some pictures of the car. It isn't pretty yet, but someday it will be.