MS3 on the podium

General talk about successes. See older information on MSRUNS forum.
prof315
Super MS/Extra'er

MS3 on the podium

Post by prof315 »

One of my customers put his MS3 tuned H Production VW Rabbit Cabriolet on the podium at the SCCA Runoffs this past weekend in what was one of the best races of the week. We struggled all week with both handling and power issues and only managed to qualify in 7th position. Car owner and driver AJ Hulse then put on a clinic for driving and drafting the Daytona International Speedway Rolex 24 Course in the race.

Due to poor officiating we wound up third after the 3 car photo finish ( all 3 cars spinning or going backwards across the finish line!) was deliberated for 27 hours. AJ's race and finish was definitely the highlight of a pretty good week supporting a total of 5 megasquirted cars.
Linfert Performance/321 Motorsports
SCCA 2019 SM National Champion Crew Chief
SCCA 2023 FP National Champion Tuner/electrical engineer
100s of MS systems built installed and tuned
Support the developers!
ewflyer
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: MS3 on the podium

Post by ewflyer »

Wow!

I google-searched "2015 SCCA Runoffs H production" and found your client's in-car video of the race (actually just the first 3 laps and the last 3 laps). That was some amazing/exciting/fearless driving by your client.

On about turn 4 of the last lap the Yaris rudely punted the CRX. I mean, come on, there might have been just enough room to stick it in at the entry of that turn but there is no doubt that he (the Yaris driver) knew exactly what was going to happen on the exit from that turn. He had to know that his momentum was going to require use of more track than would be available, because the CRX was right there. I have to say he knew better that to do that.

Later in that last lap I could tell that your client and the CRX had again achieved a "bump-draft" situation because they were reeling in the Yaris at an amazing rate.

Then the incident right prior to the finish line. At first I thought it was the Yaris that hit your client, but in the comments section of his video your client says it was the CRX. Too bad about the crash, I was sure your client and the CRX were going to freight-train right past the Yaris.

For next year: A rear-facing camera!
merz450sl
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: MS3 on the podium

Post by merz450sl »

Just watching that video was a great ride!