190e 2.6L Megasquirt adjusting issues

General talk about successes. See older information on MSRUNS forum.
todorov
MS/Extra Newbie

190e 2.6L Megasquirt adjusting issues

Post by todorov »

log.msl
Hello to everyone!
First I want to apologise for my bad english.
The story of my car is a little bit long and I will try to write only the most important and interesting part of it.
My 190e (1987) originally came with M102 engine and after 16 years it was time to change-the car or the engine and for good or bad i choose the second one. Bought a M103 2.6L on ~200 000 km and swap it in the old lady. It runs fine for a 3 months and the CIS suddenly died.Just died and after many tries I was pissed and stop the car for a new project-Megasquirting it.
I got the new ECU ( MS2 Extra with 3.4.2 firmware ) M104 fuel rail and M104 ( 2.8 ) injectors,stock IAT sensor and CLT sensor,fuel based only. After a couple weeks and experiments with settings the engine started ( not very good,but started ).
Here comes the bad part of the story:
I am not good with the settings at all. I am trying to learn but some things stays unclear for my mind.
Firstly i have big problems with the Idle Control - I was changing the PWM duty cycles but the RPM's stayed at the same level.I almost clear that ( in WarmUP Only settings- I can't even dream for a closed loop-its impossible for me to tune it). And now there is another problem in front of me.The car doesnt have a TPS,only MAP sensor which vacuum line is 10 cm long from the throttle body.The problem is that when i hit the gas pedal fast the rpms drops down and the engine missfire ( or at least i heard it that way ). When I am driving and get my leg of the gas for a couple of seconds and then hit it again I must do it extremely slow or the car punch backward and then go forward.I would be very thankful if someone give me working settings to use. I am new here and is a little bit hard for me to manage with the attachments order so I am posting a link to Google disc where you can see a little part of the photos, the current settings of the Megasquirt and 2 logs with engine idling and just fast hitting the gas pedal.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... EpzdFBJOHc
yzn
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: 190e 2.6L Megasquirt adjusting issues

Post by yzn »

If you could post the msq file to let us see your tune.
First, Do you have a wideband sensor installed on this car? As for the idle i would check for vacuum leak first and then tune the car without using idle valve, just raise the rpm with a throttle stop. As for the hesitation when hitting the pedal fast, an acceleration enrichment will cure that, but you need a tps sensor to accomplish that.
Also i suggest to move this thread to tuning section.
todorov
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by todorov »

The engine is with narrowband sensor,no vacuum leaks and stock ignition. The bosch idle valve at 0% duty cycle is a little open and the engine is idling. I know that acceleration enrichment will cure fast throttle opening,but the question is how. I will upload my tune later, how can I move the thread
todorov
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by todorov »

I am attaching the current adjustment of the Megasquirt.
yzn
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by yzn »

You should get a wideband sensor. To install a tps on m103 just do a google search there are plenty of people who have done it before.
Msq file you posted seems to be for an old firmware not the latest one(3.4.2).
todorov
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by todorov »

The firmware and the settings was ver. 2.1.0p and before 3 days I updated to 3.4.2 I will install the tps after few days. What do you think about the settings ?