Nissan Micra 2001 K11 1.4

General talk about successes. See older information on MSRUNS forum.
MegaMicra
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Nissan Micra 2001 K11 1.4

Post by MegaMicra »

So after one year of buying, building, and then fitting, I've finally got my MS3X running the car.
I've used all the original sensors apart from the maf and oxygen sensor. I managed to tap into the maf temp sensor and make a 3 point table for it. I also fitted a wideband so I can tune it.
It uses a 60-2 configuration that is machined as part of the oem flywheel with a bosch vr sensor, and a single tooth hall effect cam sensor. I'm running it in full sequential mode as that's how it was from the factory.
Couldn't get it to idle below 1050rpm at first, but then found out I'd wired the vr sensor backwards. Bosch have mine as black vr+ and white vr- who'd have thought it!

It runs the oem coil on plug setup using four bip373's that I've fitted into a small weatherproof metal box in the engine bay to keep any noise away from the main ecu.
I'm now into the home tuning stage.
I know nothing about tuning I might add, so it'll be a fun learning curve.

Overkill you might say for an 85bhp car, but that's hobbies for you.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
FarcryNZ
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Nissan Micra 2001 K11 1.4

Post by FarcryNZ »

Hey,that's so cool what your doing with your car. Interested to know how much better it will preform.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MegaMicra
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by MegaMicra »

FarcryNZ wrote:Hey,that's so cool what your doing with your car. Interested to know how much better it will preform.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks. The original Nissan ecu runs the engine at 14.7afr all through the range apart from start up where it drops to 13.5afr for a couple of minutes before returning back to 14.7afr. I assume this is to conform to emission regs.
It pulls better during this enrichment time so I've tweaked the Megasquirt ve table to run 13.5afr at certain points and it's really good. It now accelerates better and seems to have more oomph.
I can certainly recommend fitting the MS3X as it's been simple to set up and get running for the most part.
With regards what I'm doing with it; I'm turbocharging it, but couldn't use the oem ecu. Now that I've swapped it out I can carry on with fitting the turbo kit.

MegaMicra
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by MegaMicra »

So, as you can see I've now removed the MS3X to neaten it up and to add more inputs/outputs.
I want to add aircon control, engine check light, launch control, and data logging.
I've also added a few extra wires for future proofing so I don't have to remove everything again.