DEPRECATED ... install MegaTunix on OS-X

Questions specific to Megatunix - alternate tuning software that runs on unix and windows.
Note that Megatunix is obsolete.

Moderator: djandruczyk

Did this work and was it easy to follow?

Yes and it was easy
56%
Yes, but it was a pain in the butt!
13%
No, I failed miserably and donno what to do
31%
I had my son/daughter do it for me
No votes

Total votes: 16

djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru

Post by djandruczyk »

The problem is in macports. Have you checked THAT site and it's FAQ/documentation??
David J. Andruczyk
MegaTunix author. The only non-java cross platform tuning software for MS-I/II hardware.
Where to get and how to install:
http://msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=23080
http://sourceforge.net/projects/megatunix
MrMiracle
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by MrMiracle »

So close, and yet so far.

I started with the original instructions, everything has seemed to work just fine so far until I get to the last two lines:

make

and I get:
make: no targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

Last couple of lines from the previous step (if it helps) as follows:

checking for GTK... no
checking for GTK... configure: error: Package requirements (gtk+-2.0 >= 2.4.0 gthread-2.0) were not met:

No package 'gtk+-2.0' found

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables GTK_CFLAGS
and GTK_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
See the pkg-config man page for more details.
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru

Post by djandruczyk »

what happens when you run

Code: Select all

sudo port install gtkglext libglade2
That should pull in the GTK+ stuff..
David J. Andruczyk
MegaTunix author. The only non-java cross platform tuning software for MS-I/II hardware.
MrMiracle
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by MrMiracle »

djandruczyk wrote:what happens when you run

sudo port install gtkglext libglade2
After entering my password, this is what shows:

--->  Fetching perl5.8
--->  Attempting to fetch perl-5.8.8.tar.bz2 from http://www.cpan.org/src/5.0/
--->  Attempting to fetch perl-5.8.8.tar.bz2 from http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/perl5.8
--->  Attempting to fetch perl-5.8.8.tar.bz2 from http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/general/
--->  Attempting to fetch perl-5.8.8.tar.bz2 from http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/downloads/perl5.8
Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: fetch failed
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: gtk2 gtk-doc perl5.8 scrollkeeper docbook-xml docbook-xml-4.2 docbook-xml-4.3 docbook-xml-4.4 docbook-xml-4.5 libxslt p5-xml-parser jpeg pango Xft2 xorg-xproto xorg-util-macros tiff
Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru

The BEST way to install MegaTunix on OS-X

Post by djandruczyk »

looks like the repo is down, or macports is out of date. Did you look up errors like this on macport's site/FAQ? did you try "sudo port selfupdate" ?

-- David J. Andruczyk

----- Original Message ----
To: megatunix@msextra.com
Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2008 11:06:26 AM
Subject: The BEST way to install MegaTunix on OS-X

http://www.subBlue.com NOTE: These CSS definitions are stored within the main page body so that you can use the phpBB2 theme administration centre. When you have finalised your style you could cut the final CSS code and place it in an external file, deleting this section to save bandwidth. */ /* General page style. The scroll bar colours only visible in IE5.5+ */ body { background-color:#FFFFFF;font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:11;color:#111111;} /* General font families for common tags */ font,th,td,p {font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;} p, td {font-size:11;color:#111111;} a:link,a:active,a:visited {color:#006699;} a:hover {text-decoration:underline;color:#DD6900;} hr {height:0px;border:solid #D1D7DC 0px;border-top-width:1px;} h1,h2 {font-family:"Trebuchet MS", Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:22px;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none;line-height:120%;color:#000000;} /* This is the border line & background colour round the entire page */ .bodyline {background-color:#FFFFFF;border:1px #98AAB1 solid;} /* General text */ .gen {font-size:12px;} .genmed {font-size:11px;} .gensmall {font-size:10px;line-height:12px;} .gen,.genmed,.gensmall {color:#111111;} a.gen,a.genmed,a.gensmall {color:#006699;text-decoration:none;} a.gen:hover,a.genmed:hover,a.gensmall:hover {color:#DD6900;text-decoration:underline;} /* Forum title: Text and link to the forums used in: index.php */ .forumlink {font-weight:bold;font-size:12px;color:#006699;} a.forumlink {text-decoration:none;color:#006699;} a.forumlink:hover{text-decoration:underline;color:#DD6900;} /* The content of the posts (body of text) */ .postbody {font-size:12px;line-height:18px;} a.postlink:link {text-decoration:none;color:#006699;} a.postlink:visited {text-decoration:none;color:#5493B4;} a.postlink:hover {text-decoration:underline;color:#DD6900;} /* Quote & Code blocks */ .code { font-family:Courier, 'Courier New', sans-serif;font-size:11px;color:#006600;background-color:#FAFAFA;border:#D1D7DC;border-style:solid;border-left-width:1px;border-top-width:1px;border-right-width:1px;border-bottom-width:1px;} .quote { font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:11px;color:#444444;line-height:125%;background-color:#FAFAFA;border:#D1D7DC;border-style:solid;border-left-width:1px;border-top-width:1px;border-right-width:1px;border-bottom-width:1px;} --> djandruczyk wrote: what happens when you run
Code: sudo port install gtkglext libglade2

After entering my password, this is what shows:

Code:
---> Fetching perl5.8
---> Attempting to fetch perl-5.8.8.tar.bz2 from http://www.cpan.org/src/5.0/
---> Attempting to fetch perl-5.8.8.tar.bz2 from http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/perl5.8
---> Attempting to fetch perl-5.8.8.tar.bz2 from http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/general/
---> Attempting to fetch perl-5.8.8.tar.bz2 from http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/downloads/perl5.8
Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: fetch failed
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: gtk2 gtk-doc perl5.8 scrollkeeper docbook-xml docbook-xml-4.2 docbook-xml-4.3 docbook-xml-4.4 docbook-xml-4.5 libxslt p5-xml-parser jpeg pango Xft2 xorg-xproto xorg-util-macros tiff
Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.
David J. Andruczyk
frrtbkr
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by frrtbkr »

trying to install megatunix gives this error:

ld: cycle in dylib re-exports with /usr/X11/lib/libGL.dylib
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [gaugedesigner] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
im on a powerbook (ppc) running
OS X 10.5.2
Xcode 3.0
macports 1.600

my path is setup correctly. GTK is installed correctly... I'm stumped.
frrtbkr
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by frrtbkr »

JustinHoMi wrote:FYI, I got bored and figured out how to get megatunix snip

/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/devel/gtkglext/Portfile
... and insert the following text at the end (this is ONE line):

configure.ldflags-append        "-dylib_file /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib:/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib"
I've also tried compiling with this added to the portfile and get the same error.
jrhall
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: The BEST way to install MegaTunix on OS-X

Post by jrhall »

I got it to compile on Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) by
adding this before the "./configure" in the "./configure, make, make install"
steps.

$ export LDFLAGS=-Wl,-dylib_file,/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib:/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib

(all on one line of course)
Joel
elias_moby
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by elias_moby »

Hi every One i´m from mexico and i need to install megatunix in OsX Leopard but i install macports ( Darwinports) Sucesfully, install XCODE sucesfuly, GTK+ Sucesfully but when i run ./configure from megatunix 0.9.16 i have the next line at thefinally of the process.

sed: 1: "s/$(DEPDIR)/${subdirs}/ ...": bad flag in substitute command: '.'
Configuration:
Install Path: /opt/local
Using Cairo: yes
General Debugging: no
Profiling: no

Then i Run the sudo make install and i get this lines at the finally of the process.

ld: cycle in dylib re-exports with /usr/X11/lib/libGL.dylib
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [gaugedesigner] Error 1
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Please help i´m new in megatunix and really i want to use because in Windows i dont like to work

Regards in advance from Mexico.
elias_moby
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by elias_moby »

Sorry i don´t read the post before the mine, with this line export LDFLAGS=-Wl,-dylib_file,/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib:/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib and run the 3 basic Steeps finally i can run the ./megatunix in my mac osX

now i will going to buy my MS for my Opel Corsa B 1.4 TBI and other for my Lancer 2008
wich one you recommend for that applications and how hard it´s to tune it for the stock and turbo cars.

Regards in advance
Jay
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Jay »

I'm trying to follow exactly and I get an error when trying to update darwinports

Any thoughts on what to do at this point?
Jay
errorlog.gif
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru

Post by djandruczyk »

Jay wrote:I'm trying to follow exactly and I get an error when trying to update darwinports

Any thoughts on what to do at this point?
Jay
errorlog.gif

did you install the apple developer tools as described? what happens when you run "gcc -v" in a terminal window?
David J. Andruczyk
Jay
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Jay »

I did download Apple's SDK after creating a free registration login.
The difference from your instruction is that I can not find the older version of Xcode 2.4

I have installed Xcode 3.0 I hope this doesn't present any issues.

This is what happens when trying to run "gcc -v"
Picture 2.png
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru

Post by djandruczyk »

Jay wrote:I did download Apple's SDK after creating a free registration login.
The difference from your instruction is that I can not find the older version of Xcode 2.4

I have installed Xcode 3.0 I hope this doesn't present any issues.

This is what happens when trying to run "gcc -v"
Picture 2.png
did you install ALL of Xcode, Xcode contains GCC last time I checked.

follow this guide:
http://guide.macports.org/
David J. Andruczyk
Jay
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Jay »

Ahh, looks like that's my current issue with the install. I went with the standard install. Reading through the documentation shows GCC available under the "customize" install option, so I am currently installing ALL of XCode.

should be another 30 min or so. I'll see how far I get when all of XCode is installed.

Thanks for the help so far.
Jay
brigs
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by brigs »

how are you guys doing this can i get a step by step please any help would be great
Jay
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Jay »

Well, I got ALL of XCode installed. I went back and made sure the auto update of Darwin Ports was all set. this time it went through with no errors. I also did the install of gtkglext libglade2. That went well.

I downloaded Megatunix. I tried the code for the terminal window. Unfortunately, the <TAB> does not work in the terminal (It won't fill in the path like its supposed to)

I manually un-tarred the file (expanded it with expander) by clicking on the downloaded tar file.
The part I can't get to work at this point is:

cd megatunix-<TAB>
./configure --prefix=/opt/local
make
sudo make install

I tried to figure out how in the world I can get the rest of the code to work. I did a little reading trying to educate myself on Unix. Part of the problem is that I don't understand what the code is trying to do. I know what the first line is now: tar xvzf megatunix- and as said I expanded it. (This has all been done on my desktop). I see the CD command is to change directory. I *think* what the code is trying to do is to change the directory to megatunix for the rest of the code opt/local/configure make sudo make install will work properly.

Since the terminal won't put in the path when I hit tab.... I ran PWD and got the following result:
Picture 2.png
I tried typing: cd megatunix-Users/jeremyhart into terminal and it said path or file name not found.

I went to Apple to see if I could get a genius to assist me, but was told that this isn't something that they normally do and in not so few words I'm S.O.L.

I'm not extremely computer-smart, so I'm truly not sure I have installed Megatunix into the ROOT DIRECTORY as described in the instructions. I've tried moving the folder from the desktop into "MacBook Pro" which is basically the MAC partition of the hard drive... where "Applications" "Library" and "Users" folders among others are located... and running all the combinations of commands in Terminal again. Still the same message in Terminal: "cd: megatunix-: No such file or directory"

Still trying to get the code to do whatever the code is supposed to do so I can enjoy tuning my car on the MAC side of my computer. I have Bootcamp and Parallels. I can tune in BootCamp on the windows side with the windows software, but that isn't ideal. I've tried running the Windows tuning software on the Windows side from within Parallels window, but that seems to suffer from a lag, and crashes often.

BTW, with the advent of BOOTCAMP and Parralels, I've found out that nothing will work in Terminal if you are logged in to Parallels. Parallels requires you to type in your password, so once its running, Terminal won't accept your password. That took me a little time to figure out. :?

Thanks for any help,
Jay
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru

Post by djandruczyk »

Jay wrote:Well, I got ALL of XCode installed. I went back and made sure the auto update of Darwin Ports was all set. this time it went through with no errors. I also did the install of gtkglext libglade2. That went well.

I downloaded Megatunix. I tried the code for the terminal window. Unfortunately, the <TAB> does not work in the terminal (It won't fill in the path like its supposed to)

I manually un-tarred the file (expanded it with expander) by clicking on the downloaded tar file.
The part I can't get to work at this point is:

cd megatunix-<TAB>
make
sudo make install

I tried to figure out how in the world I can get the rest of the code to work. I did a little reading trying to educate myself on Unix. Part of the problem is that I don't understand what the code is trying to do. I know what the first line is now: tar xvzf megatunix- and as said I expanded it. (This has all been done on my desktop). I see the CD command is to change directory. I *think* what the code is trying to do is to change the directory to megatunix for the rest of the code opt/local/configure make sudo make install will work properly.

Since the terminal won't put in the path when I hit tab.... I ran PWD and got the following result:
Picture 2.png
I tried typing: cd megatunix-Users/jeremyhart into terminal and it said path or file name not found.

I went to Apple to see if I could get a genius to assist me, but was told that this isn't something that they normally do and in not so few words I'm S.O.L.

I'm not extremely computer-smart, so I'm truly not sure I have installed Megatunix into the ROOT DIRECTORY as described in the instructions. I've tried moving the folder from the desktop into "MacBook Pro" which is basically the MAC partition of the hard drive... where "Applications" "Library" and "Users" folders among others are located... and running all the combinations of commands in Terminal again. Still the same message in Terminal: "cd: megatunix-: No such file or directory"

Still trying to get the code to do whatever the code is supposed to do so I can enjoy tuning my car on the MAC side of my computer. I have Bootcamp and Parallels. I can tune in BootCamp on the windows side with the windows software, but that isn't ideal. I've tried running the Windows tuning software on the Windows side from within Parallels window, but that seems to suffer from a lag, and crashes often.

BTW, with the advent of BOOTCAMP and Parralels, I've found out that nothing will work in Terminal if you are logged in to Parallels. Parallels requires you to type in your password, so once its running, Terminal won't accept your password. That took me a little time to figure out. :?

Thanks for any help,
Jay
Not sure why tabkey completion isn't working for you, but the basics are:

open a terminal
by default this will put you in your "home directory" (/users/jay, or similar) if at ANY time you want to get BACK to your homedir type "cd ~/" and hit enter. "~/", or "tilde slash" is unix-speak for homedir, "cd" means "change directory"

The basic sequence is to go to your homedir, untar megatunix, cd into the megatunix dir, "configure" it, "make" it, and then "make install" it.

Assumptions: you have megatunix-0.9.16.tar.gz in your home directory (you see it when you type "ls" into the terminal)
tar xvzf megatunix-0.9.16.tar.gz (ENTER)
cd megatunix-0.9.16
./configure --prefix=/opt/local (this configures megatunix so that it gets installed under the /opt/local path)
make ( If this gives an error, copy it and paste it to this thread)
sudo make install (this may prompt you for a password, type the one u use to login to your machine)

At this point startup X11, (This is stored in Macintosh HD->Applications->Utilities) I drag this to the Dock, the same with terminal.
Run megatunix, i.e. "/opt/local/bin/megatunix", or just megatunix is /opt/local/bin is in your path.

You might hit a serial issue, due to max OS-X's braindeadedness for naming serial ports, see the earlier parts of this thread of instructions about that.
David J. Andruczyk
Jay
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Jay »

David, thanks so much for the help (and education) so far... I'm getting closer!

I moved the tar.gz file directly into the home directory. (Having the "ls" command was a good tool to ensure I knew it was in the right spot). I untarred it via the Terminal command, and it worked great. I don't know why moving the expanded folder from the desktop didn't work the same... but that's ok, I'm past it now.

I did get errors with the make function though:
Picture 3.png
I'll wait further instruction before I do anything else.

Jay
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru

Post by djandruczyk »

Jay wrote:David, thanks so much for the help (and education) so far... I'm getting closer!

I moved the tar.gz file directly into the home directory. (Having the "ls" command was a good tool to ensure I knew it was in the right spot). I untarred it via the Terminal command, and it worked great. I don't know why moving the expanded folder from the desktop didn't work the same... but that's ok, I'm past it now.

I did get errors with the make function though:
Picture 3.png
I'll wait further instruction before I do anything else.

Jay

IF you looked up about 8 posts up

I got it to compile on Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) by
adding this before the "./configure" in the "./configure, make, make install"
steps.

$ export LDFLAGS=-Wl,-dylib_file,/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib:/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib

(all on one line of course)
Joel

so for you you're need to run: (MAKE sure that export linei s ALL one line, not multiple lines)
cd ~/megatunix-0.9.16
make clean
export LDFLAGS=-Wl,-dylib_file,/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib:/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib
make
sudo make install
David J. Andruczyk