Megatunix manual

Questions specific to Megatunix - alternate tuning software that runs on unix and windows.
Note that Megatunix is obsolete.

Moderator: djandruczyk

matwelli
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Megatunix manual

Post by matwelli »

Hi Guys is there a megatunix users manual avaliable, one that shows all the tips and tricks ?

Had a good day on the Dyno today(tuning a very angry 5.7 ltre LS1), started using megatune (because i know where all the basic settings are).

The dyno guy (who has seen every brand and software except megasquirt) was complaining about megatune, not dyno operator friendy, no way to adjust spark and fuel on the fly at the same time. Explained that this is a necessity.

Fired up megatunix, he's still not happy, to cumbersome switching between the 3d view for Fuel and spark.

Then by accident we found we could have both up at the same time, and simply mouse click between the two :D

I had to tap the guy on the shoulder every two minutes to get him to burn to the ecu, as once he started tuning spark and fuel at the same time there was no stopping him.

First of all - Dave great software, really helps the "cred" of the megatune with the dyno guys and was great to use.(this guy is one of the "go to" guys, people asking him for advice all day every day)

Second off all - as at the start of this post, is there a manual that explains all of this, I cant find one, and without accidently finding how to do both spark and fuel at the same time, we would have had a grumpy dyno guy, spreading the wrong word.
Cheers,

Mathew
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru

Re: Megatunix manual

Post by djandruczyk »

matwelli wrote:Hi Guys is there a megatunix users manual avaliable, one that shows all the tips and tricks ?

Had a good day on the Dyno today(tuning a very angry 5.7 ltre LS1), started using megatune (because i know where all the basic settings are).

The dyno guy (who has seen every brand and software except megasquirt) was complaining about megatune, not dyno operator friendy, no way to adjust spark and fuel on the fly at the same time. Explained that this is a necessity.

Fired up megatunix, he's still not happy, to cumbersome switching between the 3d view for Fuel and spark.

Then by accident we found we could have both up at the same time, and simply mouse click between the two :D

I had to tap the guy on the shoulder every two minutes to get him to burn to the ecu, as once he started tuning spark and fuel at the same time there was no stopping him.

First of all - Dave great software, really helps the "cred" of the megatune with the dyno guys and was great to use.(this guy is one of the "go to" guys, people asking him for advice all day every day)

Second off all - as at the start of this post, is there a manual that explains all of this, I cant find one, and without accidently finding how to do both spark and fuel at the same time, we would have had a grumpy dyno guy, spreading the wrong word.

I don't have a formal manual written, but Phil of MSnS-Extra fame DID write a manual for extra with megatunix focus that explains how to setup a lot of things..

http://www.msextra.com/manuals/MS_Extra ... ex_MTX.htm

BURN is NOT required in megatunix unlike megatune. It sends values immediately, burn just commits thing to flash so they survive a power cycle, and megatunix takes care of auto-burning if needed when changing pages (if u change pages a burn is required if u changed anything)

If you can get any more suggestions/complaints from the tuner I'd appreciate it. Including ideas for things that would make his job EASIER.
David J. Andruczyk
MegaTunix author. The only non-java cross platform tuning software for MS-I/II hardware.
Where to get and how to install:
http://msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=23080
http://sourceforge.net/projects/megatunix
matwelli
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by matwelli »

Thanks dave, I will check that out and get back with some feed back.

Can you clear one thing up for me please.

I am using two wheels cam and crank, no missing teeth on either, but the only option available in megatunix for the first wheel is -1 or -2 teeth.
Is this setting ignored when the second wheel is in use (because I have no missing teeth on the first wheel)
Cheers,

Mathew
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru

Post by djandruczyk »

matwelli wrote:Thanks dave, I will check that out and get back with some feed back.

Can you clear one thing up for me please.

I am using two wheels cam and crank, no missing teeth on either, but the only option available in megatunix for the first wheel is -1 or -2 teeth.
Is this setting ignored when the second wheel is in use (because I have no missing teeth on the first wheel)
I'm unsure of a correct answer to that.. I think the best person to ask for that is James (jsmcortina)
David J. Andruczyk
MegaTunix author. The only non-java cross platform tuning software for MS-I/II hardware.
Where to get and how to install:
http://msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=23080
http://sourceforge.net/projects/megatunix