Creating a "Clock" gauge

Questions specific to Megatunix - alternate tuning software that runs on unix and windows.
Note that Megatunix is obsolete.

Moderator: djandruczyk

UnaClocker
Super MS/Extra'er

Creating a "Clock" gauge

Post by UnaClocker »

I used to have a good old truck with a VDO "clock" gauge in the dash. Was just a basic analog clock in a 2" gauge housing. It'd sure be handy to have a clock in with my gauges in Megatunix.. Any chance this could be done in a future version, or is it too far out there?
Brian
'84 Dodge Rampage
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru

Re: Creating a "Clock" gauge

Post by djandruczyk »

UnaClocker wrote:I used to have a good old truck with a VDO "clock" gauge in the dash. Was just a basic analog clock in a 2" gauge housing. It'd sure be handy to have a clock in with my gauges in Megatunix.. Any chance this could be done in a future version, or is it too far out there?
that's not likely to be done, as for one, it's a complex gauge. (2-3 needles) which the gauge widget isn't designed to do. the other bit is there's no datasource in megatunix that represents wall-clock time.

And third, it isn't all that practical. (It offers next to zero value tothe app as a piece of tuning software.) If you wanted a clock, try, cairo_clock which is an outside application that uses a skinnable display so you should be able to customize it to your needs, but it may be only for linux/OS-X, not sure if he made a windows port of it or not.
David J. Andruczyk
MegaTunix author. The only non-java cross platform tuning software for MS-I/II hardware.
Where to get and how to install:
http://msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=23080
http://sourceforge.net/projects/megatunix
UnaClocker
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by UnaClocker »

Ok, fair enough. And I'm running OS X, so I should be set. :)
Brian
'84 Dodge Rampage