Creating a map with megatunix

Questions specific to Megatunix - alternate tuning software that runs on unix and windows.
Note that Megatunix is obsolete.

Moderator: djandruczyk

R1CH1E
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Creating a map with megatunix

Post by R1CH1E »

Ive just sat and made a map with megatunix, well at least I think I have, without it plugged into ecu I have went through all the options down the side and set it to what I require, at the end I clicked quit and saved the file with all the settings. Can I now plug my ecu in and transfer all this info?
Sorry for sounding like a total noob, I decided to try using megatunix as everything seems a bit clearer and also the tables are tps/rpm which is better for me as I have a long duration cam and the kpa doesnt respond very well to opening the throttle.

PS, this is fully compatible with ms1 v3 using extra code and another vb921 for wasted spark on 4 cylinder engine isnt it?
R1CH1E
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by R1CH1E »

solved it :lol:
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru

Post by djandruczyk »

R1CH1E wrote:solved it :lol:

In case anyopne else wanted the solution, the answer is a conditional yes. the important bit, is that when in offline mode you choose the same firmware that your ECU has on it, so when transferring the backup later it would work.

so, when you powered up with the ecu connected, you'd use "Tools->Restore ECU" and choose the file you saved when in offline mode, and it would blast that out to your ecu and after an ecu reset or power cycle you'd be set. (I say power cycle, or reset , because some ignition related options required a reboot or power cycle to initialize. If running MSnS-E the error status tab can be used to reboot the ECU).
David J. Andruczyk
MegaTunix author. The only non-java cross platform tuning software for MS-I/II hardware.
Where to get and how to install:
http://msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=23080
http://sourceforge.net/projects/megatunix