User Contributed Dashboards

Questions specific to Megatunix - alternate tuning software that runs on unix and windows.
Note that Megatunix is obsolete.

Moderator: djandruczyk

Re: User Contributed Dashboards

Postby djandruczyk » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:39 pm

You don't have any backtraces, so it doesn't help too much. Are you in offline mode?? What is your EXACT workflow that you are doing from the time you run the executable? i.e. what windows do you click on, and in what order. I need an exact timeline/flow of what you're doing to see if i can replicate this, so far I've been unable to replicate your result.

what GIT hash are you running (Help->about megatunix)
David J. Andruczyk
MegaTunix author. The only non-java cross platform tuning software for MS-I/II hardware.
Where to get and how to install:
http://msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=23080
http://sourceforge.net/projects/megatunix
User avatar
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru
 
Posts: 1210
Joined: Fri May 07, 2004 6:55 pm
Location: Rochester, NY, U.S.A.

Re: User Contributed Dashboards

Postby superchargingmachine » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:15 pm

I am in offline mode. There error occurs in this order. Launch Megatunix, Select Processor, click go offline, select firmware, click load, click the General tab, click load a dashboard, select any dashboard and click ok and the program closes.

I tried several other buttons last night and everything else did what it is supposed to do. I will take my computer to the car tonight and go online and see if I get a different result. I am not in front of my Linux machine right now so I can't check the Git hash but I can tell you I only downloaded the git on Monday 1-14-12 if that helps. I will check (Help->about megatunix) tonight as well.
superchargingmachine
Experienced MS/Extra'er
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue May 04, 2004 3:46 pm
Location: Illinois, Central

Re: User Contributed Dashboards

Postby djandruczyk » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:36 pm

superchargingmachine wrote:I am in offline mode. There error occurs in this order. Launch Megatunix, Select Processor, click go offline, select firmware, click load, click the General tab, click load a dashboard, select any dashboard and click ok and the program closes.

I tried several other buttons last night and everything else did what it is supposed to do. I will take my computer to the car tonight and go online and see if I get a different result. I am not in front of my Linux machine right now so I can't check the Git hash but I can tell you I only downloaded the git on Monday 1-14-12 if that helps. I will check (Help->about megatunix) tonight as well.



OK I can't replicate that fault using your info, so I need more detailed information.
What ECU persona did you choose?
Which firmware variant did you choose?
which EXACT dashboard did you choose?, is it a stock Mtx provided one, or once of your own custom ones?
David J. Andruczyk
MegaTunix author. The only non-java cross platform tuning software for MS-I/II hardware.
Where to get and how to install:
http://msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=23080
http://sourceforge.net/projects/megatunix
User avatar
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru
 
Posts: 1210
Joined: Fri May 07, 2004 6:55 pm
Location: Rochester, NY, U.S.A.

Re: User Contributed Dashboards

Postby superchargingmachine » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:17 pm

I just took the computer to the garage and tried to connect. I couldn't get connected. I tried /dev/ttyS0 and S1. I switched to Windows and conncected no problem on com1. I have a computer with a DB9 serial port so I'm not using an adaptor. I am assuming that I am doing something wrong since I am new to Linux.

To answer your questions. I have configured for both MS1 Extra 29yx and MS2 Extra 3.10 as these are the 2 systems I am currently working with. I get the error trying to load any of the standard mtx dashboards. I'm using megatunix 0.9.24-SNAPSHOT-1263-GEB019a3. Git Hash: eb019a346db6d5b92b4682771e9a9cffa8e381c8

Thank you for your time but I'm not sure there is much else you can do to help.
superchargingmachine
Experienced MS/Extra'er
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue May 04, 2004 3:46 pm
Location: Illinois, Central

Re: User Contributed Dashboards

Postby djandruczyk » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:10 pm

superchargingmachine wrote:I just took the computer to the garage and tried to connect. I couldn't get connected. I tried /dev/ttyS0 and S1. I switched to Windows and conncected no problem on com1. I have a computer with a DB9 serial port so I'm not using an adaptor. I am assuming that I am doing something wrong since I am new to Linux.

To answer your questions. I have configured for both MS1 Extra 29yx and MS2 Extra 3.10 as these are the 2 systems I am currently working with. I get the error trying to load any of the standard mtx dashboards. I'm using megatunix 0.9.24-SNAPSHOT-1263-GEB019a3. Git Hash: eb019a346db6d5b92b4682771e9a9cffa8e381c8

Thank you for your time but I'm not sure there is much else you can do to help.


Ok, I've replicated a variant of your issue. The fault seems to be within glib/GTK+ (I get it too) as the crash is in a thread that is started by GLIB, (A gthreadpool), on behalf of megatunix in part of the GtkFileChooserDialog interface. I am going to try and change some code around to see if I can get around this bug using a different instance of the filechooser object (chooserbutton vs the standard dialog which seems to be trouble prone)as the GTK+ people seem to ignore GTK+2.x, and there isn't a clean way to build mtx for GTK+3 and maintain any form of cross-platform-ness.
David J. Andruczyk
MegaTunix author. The only non-java cross platform tuning software for MS-I/II hardware.
Where to get and how to install:
http://msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=23080
http://sourceforge.net/projects/megatunix
User avatar
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru
 
Posts: 1210
Joined: Fri May 07, 2004 6:55 pm
Location: Rochester, NY, U.S.A.

Re: User Contributed Dashboards

Postby djandruczyk » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:01 pm

I believe I found a resolution to this problem that has been pushed up via git so cd into your MegaTunix git working dir (not the src dir) and run the following
Code: Select all
git pull
make
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig


and let me know if it solves your issue, or if anything else comes up.
David J. Andruczyk
MegaTunix author. The only non-java cross platform tuning software for MS-I/II hardware.
Where to get and how to install:
http://msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=23080
http://sourceforge.net/projects/megatunix
User avatar
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru
 
Posts: 1210
Joined: Fri May 07, 2004 6:55 pm
Location: Rochester, NY, U.S.A.

Re: User Contributed Dashboards

Postby superchargingmachine » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:12 am

I have been out of town all week. I will try this tonight when I get home from work. Thanks
superchargingmachine
Experienced MS/Extra'er
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue May 04, 2004 3:46 pm
Location: Illinois, Central

Re: User Contributed Dashboards

Postby djandruczyk » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:14 pm

superchargingmachine wrote:I have been out of town all week. I will try this tonight when I get home from work. Thanks


Did it work out for you?
David J. Andruczyk
MegaTunix author. The only non-java cross platform tuning software for MS-I/II hardware.
Where to get and how to install:
http://msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=23080
http://sourceforge.net/projects/megatunix
User avatar
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru
 
Posts: 1210
Joined: Fri May 07, 2004 6:55 pm
Location: Rochester, NY, U.S.A.

Re: User Contributed Dashboards

Postby superchargingmachine » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:12 pm

Sorry it took so long. I just did the git pull and install, No Luck. MegaTunix still crashes as soon as I select any dash. I will try and capture a video of exactly what I am doing and what happens.
superchargingmachine
Experienced MS/Extra'er
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue May 04, 2004 3:46 pm
Location: Illinois, Central

Re: User Contributed Dashboards

Postby djandruczyk » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:26 pm

superchargingmachine wrote:Sorry it took so long. I just did the git pull and install, No Luck. MegaTunix still crashes as soon as I select any dash. I will try and capture a video of exactly what I am doing and what happens.



the traces are more important, but I'll taak what I can get.
David J. Andruczyk
MegaTunix author. The only non-java cross platform tuning software for MS-I/II hardware.
Where to get and how to install:
http://msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=23080
http://sourceforge.net/projects/megatunix
User avatar
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru
 
Posts: 1210
Joined: Fri May 07, 2004 6:55 pm
Location: Rochester, NY, U.S.A.

Re: User Contributed Dashboards

Postby superchargingmachine » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:50 pm

Do you want me to try running the debug version again. I'm not exactly sure how to get you the traces. I have a video but all you will see is the program close when I click open. I don't mind trying to help if you want to work on this but if you don't have time its okay.

P
superchargingmachine
Experienced MS/Extra'er
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue May 04, 2004 3:46 pm
Location: Illinois, Central

Re: User Contributed Dashboards

Postby djandruczyk » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:16 pm

superchargingmachine wrote:Do you want me to try running the debug version again. I'm not exactly sure how to get you the traces. I have a video but all you will see is the program close when I click open. I don't mind trying to help if you want to work on this but if you don't have time its okay.

P

Always build a debug version when you have issues.
David J. Andruczyk
MegaTunix author. The only non-java cross platform tuning software for MS-I/II hardware.
Where to get and how to install:
http://msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=23080
http://sourceforge.net/projects/megatunix
User avatar
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru
 
Posts: 1210
Joined: Fri May 07, 2004 6:55 pm
Location: Rochester, NY, U.S.A.

Re: User Contributed Dashboards

Postby superchargingmachine » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:33 pm

Id Target Id Frame
4 Thread 0xad5feb40 (LWP 30569) "pool" 0x00132416 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
2 Thread 0xae7aeb40 (LWP 30567) "megatunix" 0x00132416 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
* 1 Thread 0xb7fd28c0 (LWP 30564) "megatunix" 0x00132416 in __kernel_vsyscall ()

Is this correct for the backtrace? I typed "run Thread 4 bt" and got the result below. If this is correct I will do the same for Thread 2 & 1.

Starting program: /home/paul/git/MegaTunix/src/.libs/megatunix thread 4 bt
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".
This is a debug release, Git hash: 929cb06fa72e286797c40c42304f17a1d5697108
[New Thread 0xae7aeb40 (LWP 30577)]
gc-friendly is NOT set
choose_file
parent 0x8231678
on_top TRUE
filter *.*,All Files,*.xml,XML Files
filename (null)
default_filename (null)
default_extension (null)
absolute_path (null)
default_path Dashboards
external_path (null)
shortcut_folders Dashboards
project (null)
title Select Dashboard to Open
ACTION_OPEN before gtk_file_chooser_dialog_new
[New Thread 0xaddffb40 (LWP 30578)]
[New Thread 0xad5feb40 (LWP 30579)]
after gtk_file_chooser_dialog_new
should be using system path + Dashboards
initiating dialog to run
[Thread 0xaddffb40 (LWP 30578) exited]
it returned
GLib (gthread-posix.c): Unexpected error from C library during 'pthread_setspecific': Invalid argument. Aborting.

Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
0x00132416 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
superchargingmachine
Experienced MS/Extra'er
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue May 04, 2004 3:46 pm
Location: Illinois, Central

Re: User Contributed Dashboards

Postby djandruczyk » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:25 am

superchargingmachine wrote:Id Target Id Frame
4 Thread 0xad5feb40 (LWP 30569) "pool" 0x00132416 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
2 Thread 0xae7aeb40 (LWP 30567) "megatunix" 0x00132416 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
* 1 Thread 0xb7fd28c0 (LWP 30564) "megatunix" 0x00132416 in __kernel_vsyscall ()

Is this correct for the backtrace? I typed "run Thread 4 bt" and got the result below. If this is correct I will do the same for Thread 2 & 1.

Starting program: /home/paul/git/MegaTunix/src/.libs/megatunix thread 4 bt
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".
This is a debug release, Git hash: 929cb06fa72e286797c40c42304f17a1d5697108
[New Thread 0xae7aeb40 (LWP 30577)]
gc-friendly is NOT set
choose_file
parent 0x8231678
on_top TRUE
filter *.*,All Files,*.xml,XML Files
filename (null)
default_filename (null)
default_extension (null)
absolute_path (null)
default_path Dashboards
external_path (null)
shortcut_folders Dashboards
project (null)
title Select Dashboard to Open
ACTION_OPEN before gtk_file_chooser_dialog_new
[New Thread 0xaddffb40 (LWP 30578)]
[New Thread 0xad5feb40 (LWP 30579)]
after gtk_file_chooser_dialog_new
should be using system path + Dashboards
initiating dialog to run
[Thread 0xaddffb40 (LWP 30578) exited]
it returned
GLib (gthread-posix.c): Unexpected error from C library during 'pthread_setspecific': Invalid argument. Aborting.

Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
0x00132416 in __kernel_vsyscall ()


Good feedback, let me keep digging, as there is a nasty bug someplace that is incredibly difficult to find as the fault comes out of glib, not megatunix, but something is triggering it, and I thought I had found it, but it's back again....
David J. Andruczyk
MegaTunix author. The only non-java cross platform tuning software for MS-I/II hardware.
Where to get and how to install:
http://msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=23080
http://sourceforge.net/projects/megatunix
User avatar
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru
 
Posts: 1210
Joined: Fri May 07, 2004 6:55 pm
Location: Rochester, NY, U.S.A.

Re: User Contributed Dashboards

Postby superchargingmachine » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:55 am

So did I run the thread backtrace properly then?
superchargingmachine
Experienced MS/Extra'er
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue May 04, 2004 3:46 pm
Location: Illinois, Central

Re: User Contributed Dashboards

Postby djandruczyk » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:56 am

superchargingmachine wrote:So did I run the thread backtrace properly then?

Not quite but it tells me the issue still exists.
David J. Andruczyk
MegaTunix author. The only non-java cross platform tuning software for MS-I/II hardware.
Where to get and how to install:
http://msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=23080
http://sourceforge.net/projects/megatunix
User avatar
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru
 
Posts: 1210
Joined: Fri May 07, 2004 6:55 pm
Location: Rochester, NY, U.S.A.

Re: User Contributed Dashboards

Postby djandruczyk » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:04 pm

djandruczyk wrote:
superchargingmachine wrote:So did I run the thread backtrace properly then?

Not quite but it tells me the issue still exists.



OK, I redid some stuff with regards to the dashboards and the file chooser..
Please run the previous command (./contrib/update-debug) and report back on behavioral changes.
git hash should be c5944a8e854e9bb4942a7eff0c122d59be3c87fb
David J. Andruczyk
MegaTunix author. The only non-java cross platform tuning software for MS-I/II hardware.
Where to get and how to install:
http://msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=23080
http://sourceforge.net/projects/megatunix
User avatar
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru
 
Posts: 1210
Joined: Fri May 07, 2004 6:55 pm
Location: Rochester, NY, U.S.A.

Re: User Contributed Dashboards

Postby superchargingmachine » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:09 pm

Your a Hero! It works!!!! Thanks so much.
superchargingmachine
Experienced MS/Extra'er
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue May 04, 2004 3:46 pm
Location: Illinois, Central

Re: User Contributed Dashboards

Postby djandruczyk » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:24 am

superchargingmachine wrote:Your a Hero! It works!!!! Thanks so much.


Excellent! Let me know if you find any more faults, I almost EXPECT them in a few areas with regards to file choosers (table import/export, ecu backup/restore, etc) Assuming you're still on a system using Glib-2.32.x, there is a wrapper script you can try, in the src directory called "fix_glib_megatunix", which uses some magic to override the function that crashes within GLIB. if you run "sh ./fix_glib_megatunix" in the src directory it'll run with the fix in place, and is a good way to see if glib is REALLY the fault. (its entirely possible that other crashes are not the fault of glib)

Thanks for all your help!
David J. Andruczyk
MegaTunix author. The only non-java cross platform tuning software for MS-I/II hardware.
Where to get and how to install:
http://msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=23080
http://sourceforge.net/projects/megatunix
User avatar
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru
 
Posts: 1210
Joined: Fri May 07, 2004 6:55 pm
Location: Rochester, NY, U.S.A.

Re: User Contributed Dashboards

Postby superchargingmachine » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:01 am

Is the source directory normally /usr/bin/ for executable programs in Linux? I will play around with the program some more over the next few days and see if I can produce any errors.
superchargingmachine
Experienced MS/Extra'er
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue May 04, 2004 3:46 pm
Location: Illinois, Central

PreviousNext

Return to Megatunix (obsolete)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests