Megatunix available via debian repository

Questions specific to Megatunix - alternate tuning software that runs on unix and windows.
Note that Megatunix is obsolete.

Moderator: djandruczyk

pinzgauer
MS/Extra Newbie

Megatunix available via debian repository

Post by pinzgauer »

Hello all,

I've made megatunix available via debian repository. Details at:

http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=33794 in the main msefi megatunix forum.

Please post any followup or questions there as the repository is not specific to MSNS-Extra.

Have fun!

Alan Barrow
pinzgauer
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Megatunix available via debian repository (plus .18 question

Post by pinzgauer »

Hello Dave, also meant to ask.... is 9.18 functional enough to start testing? What is your timeframe to finalize it? If it's functional I will try to compile and also make available for testing via repository.

I do have a couple of suggested updates that I need to write up and get to you. One is a simple fix on the warmup datamap for MSNS-E-029. The button for "ASE Fixed Hold Time" is incorrectly flagged as being dependent on "fixed map". It's not, they are completely unrelated. Very simple change.

But it then led me to rearrange the order & horizontal bars in that section of the glade file to make it more clear, so I did that as well. Your call whether to leverage it.

From there, I broke apart cranking/warmup to reasonable screen sizes for the EEE. Stuff you do alot is on the main page, initial params which are set, and rarely changed on another screen. Made tuning coldstart with a small screen like the EEE much easier. I want to add the runtime indicators as well as rpm & idle dc. Runtime flags I've figured out, but the sliders look like they are hard coded to specific pages. Is it possible to add them to multiple pages?

Looking at a couple of other screens to tune for the EEE/netbooks, but most are fairly usable once you get it scrolled right.

Given the netbook/eee's are not as common yet, I'll make theses screens available as zip/tarball and can be loaded in the custom directory.

But as an extension of the tab hiding, I like having data I don't change much safely on different screens than that which I tune while mobile. (I've broken a few things in the past)

Just some ideas, and it's been fun learning glade. I need to SVN setup, I'm normally use CVS for my own stuff, so I need to come up to speed on SVN.

Have fun,

Alan
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru

Re: Megatunix available via debian repository (plus .18 question

Post by djandruczyk »

pinzgauer wrote:Hello Dave, also meant to ask.... is 9.18 functional enough to start testing? What is your timeframe to finalize it? If it's functional I will try to compile and also make available for testing via repository.

I do have a couple of suggested updates that I need to write up and get to you. One is a simple fix on the warmup datamap for MSNS-E-029. The button for "ASE Fixed Hold Time" is incorrectly flagged as being dependent on "fixed map". It's not, they are completely unrelated. Very simple change.

But it then led me to rearrange the order & horizontal bars in that section of the glade file to make it more clear, so I did that as well. Your call whether to leverage it.

From there, I broke apart cranking/warmup to reasonable screen sizes for the EEE. Stuff you do alot is on the main page, initial params which are set, and rarely changed on another screen. Made tuning coldstart with a small screen like the EEE much easier. I want to add the runtime indicators as well as rpm & idle dc. Runtime flags I've figured out, but the sliders look like they are hard coded to specific pages. Is it possible to add them to multiple pages?

Looking at a couple of other screens to tune for the EEE/netbooks, but most are fairly usable once you get it scrolled right.

Given the netbook/eee's are not as common yet, I'll make theses screens available as zip/tarball and can be loaded in the custom directory.

But as an extension of the tab hiding, I like having data I don't change much safely on different screens than that which I tune while mobile. (I've broken a few things in the past)

Just some ideas, and it's been fun learning glade. I need to SVN setup, I'm normally use CVS for my own stuff, so I need to come up to speed on SVN.

Have fun,

Alan
Send me your info, or contact me on IM (link in my signature) so we can discuss your changes and fixes. 0.9.18 is functional, i wanted to get more MS-2 stuff done before release, but work has been insane (78 hr week last week), so i haven't had much for free time.
David J. Andruczyk
MegaTunix author. The only non-java cross platform tuning software for MS-I/II hardware.
Where to get and how to install:
http://msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=23080
http://sourceforge.net/projects/megatunix