Segmentation fault with LookupTables

Questions specific to Megatunix - alternate tuning software that runs on unix and windows.
Note that Megatunix is obsolete.

Moderator: djandruczyk

StevenD57
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Segmentation fault with LookupTables

Post by StevenD57 »

I have a MS1 v2.2 unit and it has MSExtra 029y4 code loaded. I am running MegaTunix 0.9.22 and when I go into Tools -> MS Lookuptables to select any of the different WBO2 lookup tables packaged with MegaTunix, the program segfaults and dumps a back trace.

My steps to reproduce are:

turn on power to MS1 unit
fire up MegaTunix
go to Tools -> MS1 Lookuptables
double click on WBO2 table value
pull down menu to select AEMWB or TEWB or anything other than default
click on any of the other lookup table selections
BANG! segfault

Do you want the back trace file it generated?

it outputed 10 - 15 messages about:

(megatunix:7969): libglade-WARNING **: unknown property 'always_show_image' for class 'GtkImageMenuItem'

and then it says:

*** glibc detected *** megatunix: double free or corruption (out) 0x0000000000ee8d00 ***

and then it generated a backtrace and memory map.
Jaguar E-Types, modified Merkur XR4Ti, Jensen-Healey
Linux = no virii or spyware, EVER
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru

Re: Segmentation fault with LookupTables

Post by djandruczyk »

Can you try with a Git checkout and see if the bug is there?

See the http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 06&t=23548 thread and scroll down to the "Downloading and compiling MegaTunix from Git" section
David J. Andruczyk
MegaTunix author. The only non-java cross platform tuning software for MS-I/II hardware.
Where to get and how to install:
http://msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=23080
http://sourceforge.net/projects/megatunix
StevenD57
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by StevenD57 »

Even worse. Just after interrogating the ECU that one died.

(megatunix:12887): libglade-WARNING **: unknown property `always_show_image' for class `GtkImageMenuItem'
(megatunix:12887): libglade-WARNING **: unknown property `always_show_image' for class `GtkImageMenuItem'
(megatunix:12887): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: IA__g_object_set_valist: object class `GtkSettings' has no property named `gtk-enable-tooltips'
(megatunix:12887): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_dataset_id_set_data_full: assertion `dataset_location != NULL' failed
(megatunix:12887): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_set_data: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
(megatunix:12887): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_set_data: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
(megatunix:12887): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_dataset_id_set_data_full: assertion `dataset_location != NULL' failed
(megatunix:12887): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_hash_table_insert_internal: assertion `hash_table->ref_count > 0' failed
(megatunix:12887): Gtk-WARNING **: gtktreemodel.c:1444: value location for `gpointer' passed as NULL
(megatunix:12887): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_dataset_id_get_data: assertion `dataset_location != NULL' failed
(megatunix:12887): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_dataset_id_get_data: assertion `dataset_location != NULL' failed
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru

Post by djandruczyk »

StevenD57 wrote:Even worse. Just after interrogating the ECU that one died.

(megatunix:12887): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: IA__g_object_set_valist: object class `GtkSettings' has no property named `gtk-enable-tooltips'
(megatunix:12887): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_hash_table_insert_internal: assertion `hash_table->ref_count > 0' failed
(megatunix:12887): Gtk-WARNING **: gtktreemodel.c:1444: value location for `gpointer' passed as NULL

Please follow the instructions in: http://msextra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=106&t=37543

Without debugging enabled (configure --enable-debug) and running with "--g-fatal-warnings" under GDB, the traces are pretty useless.

So to summarize
recompile with debugging
./configure --enable-debug ; make clean ; make ; sudo make install
cd src
gdb ./megatunix
run --g-fatal-warnings

then send the output.
David J. Andruczyk
MegaTunix author. The only non-java cross platform tuning software for MS-I/II hardware.
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru

Post by djandruczyk »

I have duplicated and fixed these issues and pushed the fixes into the main Git repository.

Please pull and retest
i.e.

Code: Select all

cd git/MegaTunix
git pull
./autogen --enable-debug ; make clean ; make ; sudo make install
David J. Andruczyk
StevenD57
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by StevenD57 »

Yes, that seems to work on both counts. I can now select other LookupTables as well.
I will continue to test and let you know if I have any issues. Thanks for the help.
--
Steve
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru

Post by djandruczyk »

StevenD57 wrote:Yes, that seems to work on both counts. I can now select other LookupTables as well.
I will continue to test and let you know if I have any issues. Thanks for the help.
--
Steve

Lots of updates went in today, so lemme know of things that may come up (same git pull ; ./autogen.sh ; make ; sudo make install) ...
David J. Andruczyk
StevenD57
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by StevenD57 »

djandruczyk wrote:Lots of updates went in today, so lemme know of things that may come up (same git pull ; ./autogen.sh ; make ; sudo make install) ...
Unfortunately my MS1 box seems to have bit the dust this past weekend so I will have to wait until I get it back from Peter Florance at PFTuning before I can do any more testing.