MTX 0.23 JimStim Dynamic RPM control

Questions specific to Megatunix - alternate tuning software that runs on unix and windows.
Note that Megatunix is obsolete.

Moderator: djandruczyk

Reinerschub
MS/Extra Newbie

MTX 0.23 JimStim Dynamic RPM control

Post by Reinerschub »

Great idea to implement that function in your software.
Unfortunately I can´t get it working well.
Using the Windows version I can enter RPM manually and once it starts everything is fine. Speed it up or slow it down, no problem. But sometimes when RPM is set to zero, I have to enter a new RPM twice or more often to start again.

The dynamic RPM control just works occansionally. Are there limits for start RPM, end RPM, step size and sweep time?
For example I enter 1000, 3000, 500, 10. Then the Stim catches only the second step, pauses and then catches a random one...

Using Linux (Ubuntu in Virtualbox) the behaviour for entering RPM manually applies to the Windows version.
Dynamic RPM control doesn´t work at all. I can seev the RPM counting up and down in the function, but there is no change at the JimStim.

I´m using the original FTDI cable and a scope to monitor the tachout signal of the JimStim.

What logfiles do you need to take look?

Dennis
DIYPNP N76 MS2 Extra 2.1.0d
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru

Re: MTX 0.23 JimStim Dynamic RPM control

Post by djandruczyk »

Reinerschub wrote:Great idea to implement that function in your software.
Unfortunately I can´t get it working well.
Using the Windows version I can enter RPM manually and once it starts everything is fine. Speed it up or slow it down, no problem. But sometimes when RPM is set to zero, I have to enter a new RPM twice or more often to start again.

The dynamic RPM control just works occansionally. Are there limits for start RPM, end RPM, step size and sweep time?
For example I enter 1000, 3000, 500, 10. Then the Stim catches only the second step, pauses and then catches a random one...

Using Linux (Ubuntu in Virtualbox) the behaviour for entering RPM manually applies to the Windows version.
Dynamic RPM control doesn´t work at all. I can seev the RPM counting up and down in the function, but there is no change at the JimStim.

I´m using the original FTDI cable and a scope to monitor the tachout signal of the JimStim.

What logfiles do you need to take look?

Dennis
Thanks for pointing this out, There is a bug in the code where there's a small section commented out that tells the jimstim to respond to interactive data, which results in the jimstim getting wildly confused at the datastream being sent to it.. I cna send you a new binary to try if you wish (PM me if you want), or you can wait until the new release.
David J. Andruczyk
MegaTunix author. The only non-java cross platform tuning software for MS-I/II hardware.
Where to get and how to install:
http://msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=23080
http://sourceforge.net/projects/megatunix