Linux Mint installation

Questions specific to Megatunix - alternate tuning software that runs on unix and windows.
Note that Megatunix is obsolete.

Moderator: djandruczyk

djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru

Re: Linux Mint installation

Post by djandruczyk »

24c wrote:
djandruczyk wrote: Try comparing runs where the ecu has been power cycled between tests, and again when the usb seral device has been unplugged and replugged..
OK just opening Megatunix, eight times, & not saving anything I get, N=zeros, Y =OK load ...NYNYYNYN
Opening Megatunix, and at the Find my ECU splash screen unplugging & plugging the USB I get ... YYYYNYNY
Power cycling doesn't change the port state on the diagnostic RS232 connector, so I got ... NYNY

When MegaTunix exits, port stays in RXD & TXD are active mode. If you unplug/plug USB connector the Serial is reset, so that's RXD, TXD, DTR & RTS ports are active, and when you click Find my ECU the RXD & TXD become active as expected.

It's almost like the Updating Controls Page 1-5 is not reading correctly, and I did notice an instantaneous flash of a splash screen that looked like a "No Entry" or red sign, but it happened so fast, I couldn't see it properly.

Maybe I should run this under gdb :idea: but even if it doesn't load correctly initially, I can always Get data from ECU.

PS I think this is due to the serial port not resetting when you Exit MegaTunix, as I just tried using OSX on the iMac and I got ...YYYYYYYY

GDB won't show anything unless it is physiclaly crashing. A bettter method would be to enable serial read serial write debugging and looking at ~/MTXklog.txt file. Beware you may wish to turn the time between realtime reads to 5000 ms (5 seconds) otherwise the log will be fully of those messages.

Its strange that I can NOT replicate your behavior, but I will investigate the serial open/close semantics t osee if I'm leaving the port in an odd state.
David J. Andruczyk
MegaTunix author. The only non-java cross platform tuning software for MS-I/II hardware.
Where to get and how to install:
http://msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=23080
http://sourceforge.net/projects/megatunix
24c
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Linux Mint installation

Post by 24c »

djandruczyk wrote:Its strange that I can NOT replicate your behavior, but I will investigate the serial open/close semantics to see if I'm leaving the port in an odd state.
OK, it's just a FYI at the moment, as I haven't linked the laptop to the bike yet. Hoping to do tomorrow, and then I'll have more feedback. I have two MicroSquirts I can test against, but back on topic, it could be a Parallels 6 driver issue, but I don't think it is. I wonder whether tying the adapter to /dev/ttyUSB0 previously has changed something. Linux Mint 10 has Prolific drivers installed by default, so I'll do some research on this.
Yamaha GTS1000 v2 MicroSquirt, B&G 2.891
Yamaha GTS1000 v3 beta MicroSquirt, B&G3.760
Yamaha GTS1000 MSExtra 3.1, Dual VR Board
Yamaha YZF1000 MSExtra 3.1