Red moving square in VE & spark table is gone

Questions specific to Megatunix - alternate tuning software that runs on unix and windows.
Note that Megatunix is obsolete.

Moderator: djandruczyk

StevenD57
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Red moving square in VE & spark table is gone

Post by StevenD57 »

OK, so a lot of things were fixed by the update including the segmentation fault I was getting when trying to save the state of the ECU but there was one step back. The moving red square in the VE and Spark tables when the car is running has disappeared. There are the numerical tables, not the 3D view tables. The 3D view tables still have the correct moving indicators but the 2D numerical tables no longer have the red square that shows the real time display of what MAP verses RPM point the engine is currently running at.

When I did the "make install" I did not remove /usr/share/MegaTunix before doing the install. If I was already running module_0.4 code prior to the update, did I need to do this removing of the /usr/share/MegaTunix directory before doing the install? I did remove the directory when I updated from a previous release to modular_0.4 a couple of weeks ago.
Jaguar E-Types, modified Merkur XR4Ti, Jensen-Healey
Linux = no virii or spyware, EVER
StevenD57
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Red moving square in VE & spark table is gone

Post by StevenD57 »

Nevermind, I built MegaTunix on a completely fresh laptop and the moving red square worked just fine.

I completely removed the /usr/share/MegaTunix and did a re-install on the first laptop but still no red moving square.

Also on the new laptop where the red square worked, I tried the logviewer and it still just shows a completely blank screen. Is it possible that when MegaTunix is built on these OpenSuSE laptops that there is some library that is not getting linked in that is necessary for the log viewer?
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru

Post by djandruczyk »

StevenD57 wrote:Nevermind, I built MegaTunix on a completely fresh laptop and the moving red square worked just fine.

I completely removed the /usr/share/MegaTunix and did a re-install on the first laptop but still no red moving square.

Also on the new laptop where the red square worked, I tried the logviewer and it still just shows a completely blank screen. Is it possible that when MegaTunix is built on these OpenSuSE laptops that there is some library that is not getting linked in that is necessary for the log viewer?

I'm looking into why the VE marker is missing, Please send me one of your logfiles to examine. djandruczyk at yahoo dot com
David J. Andruczyk
MegaTunix author. The only non-java cross platform tuning software for MS-I/II hardware.
Where to get and how to install:
http://msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=23080
http://sourceforge.net/projects/megatunix
StevenD57
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by StevenD57 »

djandruczyk wrote:I'm looking into why the VE marker is missing, Please send me one of your logfiles to examine. djandruczyk at yahoo dot com
I sent you one a while ago when you first asked for one. I think it was three or four weeks ago. I even posted in the other logviwer thread a couple of times asking if you got the file. I will get you another one though if you want.
--
Steve
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru

Post by djandruczyk »

StevenD57 wrote:
djandruczyk wrote:I'm looking into why the VE marker is missing, Please send me one of your logfiles to examine. djandruczyk at yahoo dot com
I sent you one a while ago when you first asked for one. I think it was three or four weeks ago. I even posted in the other logviwer thread a couple of times asking if you got the file. I will get you another one though if you want.
--
Steve

I want one tested against the LATEST version of Mtx..
David J. Andruczyk
MegaTunix author. The only non-java cross platform tuning software for MS-I/II hardware.
Where to get and how to install:
http://msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=23080
http://sourceforge.net/projects/megatunix