Is megatunix for me?

Questions specific to Megatunix - alternate tuning software that runs on unix and windows.
Note that Megatunix is obsolete.

Moderator: djandruczyk

juansh2385
Master MS/Extra'er

Is megatunix for me?

Post by juansh2385 »

Can megatunix control stepper idle? and control all the extra input/output that I am controlling right now with TS. I will love to test Megatunix but so far I am not sure if it wil work for my applicaton I am currently runnin ms2 extra 3.1."2" for and eclipse 420a waste spark, stepper idle, fast idle for fan control and the fuel pump relay activation.
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Is megatunix for me?

Post by kjones6039 »

fast idle for fan control and the fuel pump relay activation
Curious setup......

Your fan runs anytime the fp is activated? Or did i read that wrong?

Ken
1979 Corvette - 383 CID SBC w/ Holley Pro-Jection 900 CFM TBI, 4-85 lb lo-z injectors & Walbro 255 pump
MS2 v3 w/extra 3.4.2 Release
36-1, Delphi LS2/7 coils in wasted spark, driven by v2.0 logic board from JBPerformance
Spartan Lambda Sensor from 14point7
TinyIOX from JBPerformance
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru

Post by djandruczyk »

juansh2385 wrote:Can megatunix control stepper idle? and control all the extra input/output that I am controlling right now with TS. I will love to test Megatunix but so far I am not sure if it wil work for my applicaton I am currently runnin ms2 extra 3.1."2" for and eclipse 420a waste spark, stepper idle, fast idle for fan control and the fuel pump relay activation.

Megatunix can support pretty much all features of the ECU. NOTE: a dev version is currently required for ms2-E 3.x
David J. Andruczyk
MegaTunix author. The only non-java cross platform tuning software for MS-I/II hardware.
Where to get and how to install:
http://msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=23080
http://sourceforge.net/projects/megatunix
juansh2385
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by juansh2385 »

kjones6039 wrote:
fast idle for fan control and the fuel pump relay activation
Curious setup......

Your fan runs anytime the fp is activated? Or did i read that wrong?

Ken
you read wrong my fans run in the fast idel output after a certain coolant temp and above a certain rpm What I try to say was that I was using a 4 wire stepper idle wich takes the the iac 1and iac 2 also fast idle output was for fan control and that I have another output for fuel pump But i havent seen in megatunix where to configure the outputs or where to tune a 4 wire stepper idle
juansh2385
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by juansh2385 »

djandruczyk wrote:
juansh2385 wrote:Can megatunix control stepper idle? and control all the extra input/output that I am controlling right now with TS. I will love to test Megatunix but so far I am not sure if it wil work for my applicaton I am currently runnin ms2 extra 3.1."2" for and eclipse 420a waste spark, stepper idle, fast idle for fan control and the fuel pump relay activation.

Megatunix can support pretty much all features of the ECU. NOTE: a dev version is currently required for ms2-E 3.x

can you elaborate what would I need and thanks in advance
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru

Post by djandruczyk »

juansh2385 wrote:
djandruczyk wrote:

can you elaborate what would I need and thanks in advance

Currently for ms2-e 3.x support, you'd need to run a developmental version. If you're on a mac/linux, you can just compile it from a git checkout. If you're on windows you can request a pre-release from me (might be buggy or crash), since it's still a developmental version.
David J. Andruczyk
MegaTunix author. The only non-java cross platform tuning software for MS-I/II hardware.
juansh2385
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by juansh2385 »

OK i have both windows 7 and mac os x snow leopard wich one do yo recommend more and where do i get them?
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru

Post by djandruczyk »

juansh2385 wrote:OK i have both windows 7 and mac os x snow leopard wich one do yo recommend more and where do i get them?
Like I said for 3.1.x for windows requires a DEVELOPMENTAL version built by me. For mac, you need to follow the "installing on OS-X" thread which is a little involved, due to the required pre-requisites, the benefit being once it's setup its quick to get to the latest version. It does require some familiarity with the terminal as there are several manual steps involved.
David J. Andruczyk
juansh2385
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by juansh2385 »

thanks for the info I'll give it a try even down I am kinda new to mac os x and terminal etc
24c
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 24c »

I'm running OSX 10.6.7 and MegaTunix from git with MSExtra 3.1.0, no issues using Linux Mint either with Parallels 6 software in emulation mode either platform.

As long as you follow the later instructions you'll be fine. :D
Yamaha GTS1000 v2 MicroSquirt, B&G 2.891
Yamaha GTS1000 v3 beta MicroSquirt, B&G3.760
Yamaha GTS1000 MSExtra 3.1, Dual VR Board
Yamaha YZF1000 MSExtra 3.1