Display Arduino Sensor Data in Megatunix?

Questions specific to Megatunix - alternate tuning software that runs on unix and windows.
Note that Megatunix is obsolete.

Moderator: djandruczyk

GeekInTraining
MS/Extra Newbie

Display Arduino Sensor Data in Megatunix?

Post by GeekInTraining »

Hi everyone!

First time poster, long time (unregistered) reader.

Megatunix looks very easy to use and looks very configurable. I was wondering if it would be possible to send Arduino sensor data over serial to Megatunix to display and log it? How much emulation of a Megasquirt would have to be done to keep Megatunix from throwing errors? I realize I wouldn't be using any of the tuning functionality of Megatunix.

I have a 1968 pickup that is carbureted at the moment (so no Megasquirt installed) but I wanted to use the display and logging capability of Megatunix to monitor engine functions.

Do you think this idea is feasible for someone with average C programming skills?

Thanks!
winstonusmc
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Display Arduino Sensor Data in Megatunix?

Post by winstonusmc »

The easiest way I see to do it if you have MS2 or 3 is send it via CAN bus via generic sensor inputs.

*edit*
I didnt read your post fully, haha. You could import a log file recorded from the Arduino via serial and imported into Mega log viewer.
Nissan Skyline R34 RB26DETT ran MS3/MS3X w/ factory Hitachi CAS (sold)
Nissan Silvia S14 RB25DE ITB/NA ran MS3/MS3X w/ factory Mitsubishi CAS (disassembled)
Datsun 240z RB25DE ITB/NA with MS3/MS3X