2 things to try:
1) set the "Latency Timer" setting in the FTDI Drivers advanced settings to 1 (default is 16)
2) Try the Beta TunerStudio 1.51, it should also take care of this with the driver setting at the default.
However doing #1 will give you faster comms performance any time using an FTDI driver for comms.
To do #1 on Windows 7:
- Click Start
- Right Click on "Computer"
- Select "Manage"
- When "Computer Manager" Opens, select "Device Manager"
- Expand the "Ports" node on the tree
- Find the node under Ports "USB Serial Port (COMMX)" with X being the port your MS is normally on.
- Right Click that node.
- Select "Properties"
- Click the "Port Settings" Tab
- Click "Advanced"
Finally you should be looking at the FTDI Advanced Settings Dialog, there will be a drop down in the "BM Options" section called "Latency Timer (msec)", set that 1
Changing that will give you 3-4 reads / sec more and typically solves the type of drop out you are having.