TS Manual different to EFI Analytics TS

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

Camo
Helpful MS/Extra'er

TS Manual different to EFI Analytics TS

Post by Camo »

Hi all,

I've down loaded the TS Manual date 2014-12-01 via these forums and on page 267 point 17.12 Inj/Spk Disabling Test Mode this is different to TS MS v2.6.04. I want to use this option of being able to turn off an individual coil or injector to see if it makes a difference, but when in TS (with my motor running or not) I can't get this option.

Am I doing something wrong. Also I have MS3x.

http://www.msextra.com/doc/pdf/Megasqui ... ce-1.3.pdf

Hope this made sense.

Thanks, Kev
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: TS Manual different to EFI Analytics TS

Post by grom_e30 »

im guessing you have an older version of the firmware that does not have that feature you need the 1.3.x fw
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
Camo
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Camo »

Thanks for replying grom_e30. With TS connected to my ECU is says at the top of screen - MS3 release 1.2.0

So I assume what you are saying is right. Is this something I can plug in an upgrade to a later version or the actual internal boards workings of the ECU. Sorry if this is a very newbie question, but that's what I am :oops:

Cheers, Kev
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

Look in the setting up manual: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html#ms3. There's a section on firmware upgrade.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
Camo
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Camo »

Thanks Jean, just need to try and understand the direction now from MS3 manual.

As I've mentioned in other posts, I can build cars, engines etc but when it comes to electronics I have no f***en idea :?

Cheers, Kev