Custom Gauge and indicator

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Custom Gauge and indicator

Post by dontz125 »

First, my thanks to Jean for getting me this far, but I'm now now past the 'IOx' part and into the 'TS' part, so it's more appropriate to post here.

My customer is logging a second frequency-based MAF through the IOx. The bus frequency is 24MHz with prescale and divider of 1. The frequency is thus 24,000,000 / canpwmin0, where canpwmin0 is the number of clock 'ticks' between MAF pulses. Simple so far, right? (It took a few tries before Jean's explanation sunk in ... :lol: )

The problem comes in when I try to set up the custom .ini to use this value in the MS3. At Jean's suggestion, I've set up the following:

Code: Select all

[OutputChannels]

MAF2 = 24000000 / canpwmin0 ;
; establish the frequency from the IOx, source = Bus (24MHz), prescale and divider are both '1'.
Unfortunately, TS doesn't like this, and keeps giving me errors:
Error: Malformed [OutputChannel] entry, Problem at:
[custom.ini]:[Line:11]: MAF2 = 24000000 / canpwmin0 ;

Error: Malformed [OutputChannel] entry, Problem at:
[custom.ini]:[Line:11]: MAF2 = 24000000 / canpwmin0 ;
What's odd is that it gives TWO errors for the same line, when I don't see anything wrong.

The other thing I'm trying to set up are indicators based on outputs TO the IOx; for example, I want an On/Off indicator showing when CANOUT1 goes high, declaring that the sump valve is open. I've found canout1_8, and I've found how to define an indicator as
indicator = { canout1_8 & 1 }, "Sump Closed", "Sump OPEN", white, black, red, black
but what I DON'T see is how to use that expression to actually set up an indicator.

A little help, please?
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Custom Gauge and indicator

Post by racingmini_mtl »

I forgot the curly brackets:

Code: Select all

MAF2 = { 24000000 / canpwmin0 }
Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Custom Gauge and indicator

Post by dontz125 »

Perfect - that's got it!

And for the other question, I found the answer in this thread.
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems