AE tuning with TS.need some tips/advice

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

95_2.4T
Helpful MS/Extra'er

AE tuning with TS.need some tips/advice

Post by 95_2.4T »

I have found using TS for tuning AE much better than MT, however I still have a slight bog why I blip the throttle in nuetral. I have the AE screen up and I can see it go waaaay lean why this happens. I am just wonder what are some good tuing tips for AE with TS. Oh and did I mention that since I have went with TS I have never looked back(ie MT) thanks Phil T for a very well desgined tuning program.................. :D
PlasticPower8500
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: AE tuning with TS.need some tips/advice

Post by PlasticPower8500 »

Haven't tried using that feature of TS yet.. gonna have to take a look now :D
sorry, no constructive feeback here :)
2000 Saturn SL2 - Boosted @ 15 psi - MSnS-E PCB3.0
Fully forged, P&P, balanced to 9k RPM, fuel and spark
Kurt A
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Kurt A »

95_2.4T,
I have used TSMS for tuning accel with great success. 1st step is set your TPS Dot threshold as low as you possibly can get it without the accel triggering while idling or at cruise. Do not worry about throttle response at this time just look at your datalogs for accel or decel triggering when you do not want it to. I have my threshold set at 0.391. Next set up accel time so that your AFR graph shows returning to normal as soon as possible after an accel event. I have mine set @ 0.8 ms Next set up your rates and PW adder. Don't be scared to think out of the box here, I have my first tuning point set @ 19.5ms PW adder at a rate of 0.0 ms yet my last tuning point is at a rate of 25.5ms with a PW adder of 10.0 ms. My application is a for sure different than yours and I do not know this system inside and out like others around. This is what is working for me, I currently have better throttle response better than any carb could ever think of providing.
Kurt
Rotax 912 turbo'd under construction MS2 Extra
2005 Mustang GT, turbo'd, aluminum heads, MS2 Extra
1928 Ford Coupe, 545BBF,671 blower, Squirted by MS2 extra 3.1.0, V3.0 Board
Eales V8
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Eales V8 »

This saves me starting a new thread !

I am at the point where I have been reading much around AE tuning, this is the area I now want to look at closer and see if I can improve on what I have now. The above is usefull, but can any kind sould expland more on AE tuning, esp with TS ?

Most posts I read or have read said that AE tuning is tricky / and art / etc but not much around the practicalities of exaclly how to step by step go about this ?

Any help would as always be very much appreacited :RTFM:

Nige
on http://www.LR4x4.com (Land Rover forum post under Hybrid_From_Hell)

http://www.megasquirt-v8.co.uk On line webshop for all things V8 .....Particularly V8 Rover and Megasquirty