trailing logfile or additional "logview" gauge view

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

msoultan
Super MS/Extra'er

trailing logfile or additional "logview" gauge view

Post by msoultan »

I'm not sure if this feature is already implemented as I don't have my MS hooked up and can't hit the datalogging menu, but I think it would be really cool is there was a button that you could hit that would automatically open MLV and start tailing the logfile automatically.

Another neat idea would be if you provided a different gauge cluster option that showed a display like MLV, but within the TS window. This would be helpful when setting up stuff like PID controllers and other things where seeing the realtime data and some history comes in very handy.

Thanks,
Mike
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: trailing logfile or additional "logview" gauge view

Post by LT401Vette »

Trailing with MLV almost made it in the last release, but not quite... It is coming.

MLV like views in TS are partially there. Between the graph in the Accel Wizard and the Histogram gauge. But the histogram gauge still only does a single output.

Right now I am looking to get the CAN stuff squared away, then I can get back to the cool stuff.
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html
msoultan
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by msoultan »

LT401Vette wrote:Trailing with MLV almost made it in the last release, but not quite... It is coming.

MLV like views in TS are partially there. Between the graph in the Accel Wizard and the Histogram gauge. But the histogram gauge still only does a single output.

Right now I am looking to get the CAN stuff squared away, then I can get back to the cool stuff.
No prob. Right now my big thing is figuring out all the WBO2 transport stuff so that I can actually do the WBO2 PID stuff. That's taking a little bit of time so I don't know how soon I'll be to the PID tuning, but I hope somewhat soon. I'll try testing it out with the MLV trailing and then if that works, I'll post a report on how to do it for other people.

Thanks!
Mike
dave
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by dave »

Earlier Phil tweaked the histogram view so that they could be overlapped, it works out OK.. I managed to get a rpm+map+AFR to look pretty close to MLV except for the labels.
msoultan
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by msoultan »

dave wrote:Earlier Phil tweaked the histogram view so that they could be overlapped, it works out OK.. I managed to get a rpm+map+AFR to look pretty close to MLV except for the labels.
Interesting. I might have to give that a try!

thanks,
Mike