Love TS, few oddball questions

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

wes kiser
Super MS/Extra'er

Love TS, few oddball questions

Post by wes kiser »

1) When I create new gauges, I normally want to copy something that is already there by default. Is there a "copy gauge" feature? I normally have a hard time making them match. It would be nice to just copy the gauge, select the desired channel, and set the limits.

2) How do you edit the gauges and limits in the tuning dialogs? For me the gauges in the VE table screen are very difficult to see/read. I can change the background color, but that's about it. Also, can the tpsdot range be scaled? In MT I changed this in the ini (for me my final TPS AE value is around 60%/s, so the table looks quite crunched).

The software is great, and looks really slick. Thanks for all the work put in. The only thing I use MT for right now is uploading palmlogs and output port settings.
86 Rx-7, swapped to 2.3 ford turbo (BW EFR 6758), ms3/ms3x sequential fuel /waste spark, ls2 coils
88 Tbird 2.3t, Microsquirt Module (PIMP), TFI ignition
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Love TS, few oddball questions

Post by LT401Vette »

1) When I create new gauges, I normally want to copy something that is already there by default. Is there a "copy gauge" feature? I normally have a hard time making them match. It would be nice to just copy the gauge, select the desired channel, and set the limits.
There is no copy paste for the gauges yet, but that is one of the first things on the list when I switch back to dashboard stuff. I already have a plan on how I can do that pretty easily. I've been more focused on the tuning side again now.
The way it is now, how I make the gauges look the same is using multi-select. For any of the attibutes, if you change them is will apply to all that are selected. You can select multiple gauges by dragging the mouse, or by holding the CTRL key and clicking on each gauge you want to select or un-select.
2) How do you edit the gauges and limits in the tuning dialogs? For me the gauges in the VE table screen are very difficult to see/read. I can change the background color, but that's about it. Also, can the tpsdot range be scaled? In MT I changed this in the ini (for me my final TPS AE value is around 60%/s, so the table looks quite crunched).
In the tuning dialogs you can right click and go into designer mode. In the curves, you can only edit them by editing the ini file at this point. If it is tpsDot in the accel Wizard you want to change the limits on, it is on the list too ( I think you requested it?) But I haven't gotten to it yet. I will :)
The only thing I use MT for right now is uploading palmlogs and output port settings.
the port editor should be in the next release, and palm logs is coming soon :)
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html