Custom gauge only on main screen?

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

Philip Lochner
Super MS/Extra'er

Custom gauge only on main screen?

Post by Philip Lochner »

Hi Phil

I created this AFRerr gauge that I place so much importance on and it works on the main screen.

1) But now I want that gauge on the 3D tuning screens as well but when I right click, this AFRerr gauge is not offered. Does that mean I have to re-create it for each of the 3 tuning screens? (VE, AFR and timing?)

2) While on the subject of tuning screens. Can I make the tuning screens with the 3D graphs go full screen? Would be nice if one could.

3) How do I make the red dot follow the yellow operating point automatically? Pressing G as per MT does not seem to work.
Kind regards
Philip
'74 Jensen Interceptor 440ci (EFI'ed with MS2 and wasted spark + GM 4L60e GPIO controlled - both on Extra FW)
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Custom gauge only on main screen?

Post by LT401Vette »

The only gauges offered as templates currently are the ones defined in the ini file.
But I am thinking that is a good idea, offer the option to add any gauge you have made as a template. I'll put that on the list.
What you can do, is right click on your gauge and save it (only while in designer mode),
then go to your second dash and right click "Load Saved Gauge"

Also coming soon is copy & Paste of gauges, that would sort of take care of it too.

2) While on the subject of tuning screens. Can I make the tuning screens with the 3D graphs go full screen? Would be nice if one could.
Do you mean a frame less full screen like the dash, or just have a maximize button on the dialog so you don't have to strech it to full screen size?

3) How do I make the red dot follow the yellow operating point automatically? Pressing G as per MT does not seem to work.
Sorry, that is on the list but not there yet. It will be soon.
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html
Philip Lochner
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Philip Lochner »

LT401Vette wrote:Do you mean a frame less full screen like the dash,
That's a good idea Phil !! Let's have it. Also hit "f" and the tuning screen goes frameless full screen just like the dash. (some of us don't have the hawk -like eyes of the youth ) Esc makes it return to previous frame size and "q" closes the tuning screen (with a question to burn if a burn did not preceed the q command??)
LT401Vette wrote:or just have a maximize button on the dialog so you don't have to strech it to full screen size?
If the above is too difficult, a maximise button will do fine - just like MT.
Kind regards
Philip
'74 Jensen Interceptor 440ci (EFI'ed with MS2 and wasted spark + GM 4L60e GPIO controlled - both on Extra FW)
vinister
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by vinister »

Just give it the regular maximize box - but make it remember the last size used so I only have to adjust it once.
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by LT401Vette »

It should remember the last size you used. But that is at the project level and for each specific dialog.
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html
dave
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by dave »

I got one... the spark advance is reading with the triggle angle added to it instead of just the value on the map. It throws me off since I look at the map and set it to 20 or so, then on the dash it reads 85 :shock:

I'm working on another dash layout, it will be less confusing. On that last one I think I had too many things piled up, I still can't get the concentric thing to work out very well.
evo828
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by evo828 »

I like the idea of AFRErr gauge - but how have you created it? The datachannel needs to be calculated first? How?
1998 Landrover Discovery I V8 3.9, MSII/E ver RC 2.1.0 20090505; EDIS8; wideband LC-1
Philip Lochner
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Philip Lochner »

In the custom.ini file or megasquirt-ii.ini of the Mtcfg directory of your project add the following in the correct places:

Code: Select all

[GaugeConfigurations]
   AFRerrGauge       = AFRerror,      "AFR error",          "",       -2,     2,     -2,    -1,    1,    2, 2, 2

[OutputChannels]
   AFRerror         = { (afr1 - afrtgt1 / 100) }
For some reason afrtgt1 is 100 times greater than afr1...

Then in MT, right click and put the gauge where you want it or change the [frontpage] section as follows to make MT show it automatically when you start it up. Same applies if you use TS.

Code: Select all

[FrontPage]
#if   NARROW_BAND_EGO
   egoLEDs         =  0.0, 1.0,  0.5 ; Voltage settings.
#elif LAMBDA
   egoLEDs         =  1.5, 0.5,  1.0 ; Lambda settings.
#else
   egoLEDs         = 20, 10, 15 ; Afr settings.
#endif

; Gauges are numbered left to right, top to bottom.
   ;
   ;    1  2  3  4
   ;    5  6  7  8

gauge1 = tachometer
   gauge2 = gammaEnrichGauge
   gauge3 = pulseWidth1Gauge
   gauge4 = afr1Gauge
   gauge5 = advdegGauge
   gauge6 = mapGauge
   gauge7 = matGauge     
   gauge8 = AFRerrGauge 
Kind regards
Philip
evo828
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by evo828 »

:idea: Thanks a lot.
1998 Landrover Discovery I V8 3.9, MSII/E ver RC 2.1.0 20090505; EDIS8; wideband LC-1