TS API

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

tristanlee85
Site Admin

TS API

Post by tristanlee85 »

After a long thought (about 10 seconds), I've decided I would like to try and contribute to TS in any way possible. The project I had in mind was to develop an application that would assist in tuning EAE and X-Tau. I was curious to know if you had an API that could be used in a project to reference things such as opening a MSQ, reading live data, burning values to specific tables, etc. I was hoping to be able to use something like this to develop on, and then eventually push it on over to you as a plugin for TS, whether it be an external plugin users will have an option to load, or something you package with your TS releases.

With that said, if you have an API, would you happen to have any sort of documentation (Javadoc?) to go with it?
1997 Turbo Saturn

MS3 v0.22
TunerStudio v[insert_current_version_here]
tristanlee85
Site Admin

Re: TS API

Post by tristanlee85 »

For what it's worth, I checked out the readme file which had a link to http://www.efianalytics.com/TunerStudio/plugins.html, but the page doesn't seem to exist.
1997 Turbo Saturn

MS3 v0.22
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by LT401Vette »

I put the plugin java doc out there at:
http://www.efianalytics.com/TunerStudio ... index.html

It is not working yet. There are actually several pieces on the TunerStudio side I still need to finish. There isn't any obstacle, it just slipped down the list as I didn't have anyone looking to use it. I can go ahead an finish though :)

The plugin API once working will let you add dialogs to the menus and you can determine if your plugin should be displayed based on the firmware signature.
Then you can change any ECU Parameter values, be notified if any parameter values change, or notified if any putput channel values have been changed.

It really works off a publish subscribe model.

You can get a list of all OutputChannels for the current project with:

Code: Select all

String  ecuConfigName = 	com.efiAnalytics.plugin.ecu.ControllerAccess.getEcuConfigurationNames()[0] ;
String[] outputChannelNames = com.efiAnalytics.plugin.ecu.ControllerAccess.getOutputChannelServer().getOutputChannels(ecuConfigName ) ;

For example if you implement an com.efiAnalytics.plugin.ecu.OutputChannelClient
you can subscribe it to the OutputChannel rpm, each time a new value for rpm is pulled from the Controller, your OutputChannelClient will be notified.

Look it over and think about what you might want to do, or what more you might need. I'll finish making it work and make a sample plugin.
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html
tristanlee85
Site Admin

Post by tristanlee85 »

Awesome! Thanks for the reply. When I get some more time, I'll try to write up something a little more detailed for my plan and let you know, then you can tell me what you think.

I've got so many projects going on, and I want all of them to be priority 1: my 2 FedEx applications, my Android application, my ColdFusion application, oh and then my other full and part-time job. :yeah!: <--- that isn't my happy smiley. That's my "I'm ripping all of my hair out" smiley. I'd really like to try and develop something for TS, whether it be for myself or something that can help others. I've been out of the Java GUI work too long. :?
1997 Turbo Saturn

MS3 v0.22
Peter Florance
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Peter Florance »

I'm very interested in the EAE work you're doing. EAE is great but it's not the easiest part of MS2Extra to tune - unless you wrote the code. :D

I'll keep an eye out for your progress; let me know if you need some alpha testing on the EAE part.

Thanks!!
Peter Florance
PF Tuning
81 BMW Euro 528i ESP Car
60-2 Wheel LS2 Coils, Low Z Inj
Co-Driver 1999 BMW E46 DSP car.
tristanlee85
Site Admin

Post by tristanlee85 »

I'll keep everyone up-to-date.

Basically my idea was to do something similar to the existing VE analyzer. This tool could be used in real-time or with a datalog. I still haven't sat down and thought about how I would work it out with the RPM and CLT variables, but at least the EAE constants should be "easy." This all would go based on that the VE is already tuned well. Obviously if that isn't tuned, you will just be running in circles.

When I get some extra time later I'll post of my thoughts to see what you guys think.
1997 Turbo Saturn

MS3 v0.22