Request for tables with the tuning curves

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

rabid
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Request for tables with the tuning curves

Post by rabid »

I have a small touch screen in my car for tuning. To make matters worse the thing broke and displays black and white only. Plus it doesn't touch accurately all the time. I usually run it in 800x600 resolution to make text big enough to read. Grabbing those dots on tuning curve screens and moving them around is difficult and when I need to make a fine adjustment I might as well save my tune and take it to my pc. Megatune had x and y tables with the numbers and you could tab around the screen and type the exact value you want to move the dots. Also if every item on the screen could be accessed with the keyboard only, that would be very helpful. Shortcuts such and alt-b, alt-c, ect are very handy too. Other than that, I think this is a great improvement over megatune. The histograms are great to have in the accel area.
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Request for tables with the tuning curves

Post by LT401Vette »

That is coming, there have been quite a few requests for some regular text inputs on the Curves.

Pretty much everything should be accessible by keyboard only, the keys are not very well documented yet though. So i will need you to be more specific on what you can't navigate with a keyboard.
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html
vinister
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by vinister »

To the OP

Get a Logitech Dinovo Mini bluetooth keyboard. I have been using a car pc for about 5 years now, the Dinovo is the best keyboard I have ever used for the application, and in fact, I'm creating a mount for it to sit in the middle of my steering wheel.

It's plug and play, has a 30 foot range, lightweight, and has a very good lithium ion battery that lasts for weeks. It has a small round touchpad that you can use as your mouse, and a switch that turns the touchpad into the arrow keys. It makes it a breeze to tune.

Forget the touchscreen for these types of applications, if the GUI isn't designed for touchscreen from the ground up, it's just too small to be practical.
rabid
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by rabid »

Actually I did figure out how to arrow around the curves and use shift up or down and shift ctrl up or down. Tab moves around most everywhere and I couldn't press enter on a lot of stuff. Space bar does push buttons although I would have expected enter to. A shortcut to burn and close such as ctrl b and ctrl c or alt b and alt c would be good.
rabid
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by rabid »

vinister wrote:To the OP

Get a Logitech Dinovo Mini bluetooth keyboard. I have been using a car pc for about 5 years now, the Dinovo is the best keyboard I have ever used for the application, and in fact, I'm creating a mount for it to sit in the middle of my steering wheel.

It's plug and play, has a 30 foot range, lightweight, and has a very good lithium ion battery that lasts for weeks. It has a small round touchpad that you can use as your mouse, and a switch that turns the touchpad into the arrow keys. It makes it a breeze to tune.

Forget the touchscreen for these types of applications, if the GUI isn't designed for touchscreen from the ground up, it's just too small to be practical.
I have an older gyration keyboard and mouse I got at woot for cheap but the touchpad feature sounds great!