GBS301 bluetooth adapter + ms2 + tunerstudio ?

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

65looter
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: GBS301 bluetooth adapter + ms2 + tunerstudio ?

Post by 65looter »

How do you do that? it's very nice
Ford 342 stroker | 4inj.TBI
MS2/Extra beta RC3 2.1.0 20090611
gurov
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by gurov »

65looter wrote:How do you do that? it's very nice

this is basically a heavily-layered bunch of histograms. I started my tuning using a zeitronix zt2 software in the early stages, which had a very nice and simple interface for displaying the data as a rolling graph. the graph was so predictable that i could simply look at the afr line and tell that it's within the normal range instead of staring at a number and trying to remembe what rpm boost and such it was at. this is perfectly doable with MLV, but it requires pulling over and such to examine the logs. i tried to duplicate that setup here, with a few more tricks.

Most interesting one i would say will have to be the three overlayed histograms 2nd from the top. the AIR:Fuel ratio, engine map and Red AFR with an afr gauge next to it.

green is real afr, red is target afr, as long as the lines are close to each other, things are good, very easy to tell at a glance. the histograms all scroll at the same rate from right to left, so it's very easy to correlate events (misfires, fuel cut - if the PW/DC down below drop to 0). Keep it very "at a glance".

I do wish there were some more customizations that would be available to the histogram widget such as :

1. ability to turn off the grid lines per graph this way only a few would show up
2. ability to ANCHOR things together dynamically, right now going full screen can offset and shift things, i end up with double dashed lines which can confuse things
3. ability to add custom grid lines, i would love to add a 10:1 afr line, and an 11:1 afr line, or have an RPM line every 1000 units with a label, instead of a dashed line.
4. ability to turn off the scale text only, keeping the other stuff.
5. ability to insert %d or %f in the gauge name/units/etc text to place the value of the histogram in the text. right now the "Engine Map ( )" is a name of the histogram, with "100" in that case being a separate layered indicator
6. some easier way to cycle through the layered objects it's possible to tab through them and then use arrow keys to move them off to to somewhere i can click on it to change it (in case it's under something)
7. ability to possibly space the scale text out (left padding) without shrinking the histogram
8. this one is probably already doable, in MLV one of the custom channels is an "AFR ERROR", which is a (AFR TARGET/100) - AFR so i can at a glance tell what the error in the fuel curve was. the idea would be to have that as a histogram overlayed with the EGO line
9. ability to define what the centerline is idependantly of the max and min, for example, my LC1 outputs a 0-5v to 10-16 afr for higher resolution/lower error range
2020 BMW X3M - bm3 - stage1
1994 Supra - ms3pnp pro - j&s
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by LT401Vette »

Good list...
I have a pretty good list for the dashboard too. You probably noticed I had to shift focus to other parts of the app as the dash stuff is all pretty workable, but there are a lot of improvements on the list. I will get back to the dash :)
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html
gurov
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by gurov »

LT401Vette wrote:Good list...
I have a pretty good list for the dashboard too. You probably noticed I had to shift focus to other parts of the app as the dash stuff is all pretty workable, but there are a lot of improvements on the list. I will get back to the dash :)
eeeh... as much as i like eyecandy i think the real numbercrunching analytical stuff deserves to be put in first :D
2020 BMW X3M - bm3 - stage1
1994 Supra - ms3pnp pro - j&s