Tuner Studio running on Android OS ?

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Tuner Studio running on Android OS ?

Post by piledriver »

cygnus x-1 wrote:So, one very important thing you have to do with Android 4.3 and later, is to install an SELinux mode changer, and set it to permissive instead of enforced. This fixes the problem with writing to /etc/group and I was able to get andromize and andromize-lxde to install. Then installed java, unpacked TS, and amazingly it actually started! It doesn't seem to want to open a project though. It says "Loading Project" and just sits there.

As cool as it is that this works (sort of), it was way more effort than I wanted to go through to run TS. And it still doesn't really work. So for now I think I'm done messing with TS on Android. I'll check out MSDroid, and come back to TS when there is an official Android version. Or maybe I'll just pick up an old laptop on eBay and run a minimal Linux distro on it. Tablets are cool but it's also nice to have an actual keyboard.

I do appreciate you playing along for a bit though. :)

C|
Its almost worth doing just to have the real midnight commander to use in the shell.

No problem, I'm doing it anyway playing with Android-x86, with the x86_64 kernel I can at least theoretically install a 64 bit distro and develop/debug sorta natively on android.
(I'm not a real developer but I could play one on TV :lol: )

Android Lolloipop supposedly will eventually allow a full -64 build, but 64 bit android apps/userland has little point AFAICT.
It does allow full hardware ustilization from the Linux side though, as well as java etc.

Thinkpads are pretty well supported, and they are built like... Thinkpads. i have two.
A good keyboard is a very nice feature, and the older X-series Thinkpads are about as good as it gets for laptop keyboards.
Always doing things the hard way, MS2 sequential w/ v1.01 mainboard, LS2 coils. 80 mile/day commuter status.
cygnus x-1
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by cygnus x-1 »

piledriver wrote: Thinkpads are pretty well supported, and they are built like... Thinkpads. i have two.
A good keyboard is a very nice feature, and the older X-series Thinkpads are about as good as it gets for laptop keyboards.

I had two thinkpads, an A22M and a T40. The A22M was enormous and heavy, but it was indestructable. Of course by now it's basically useless for any modern software. The T40 was nice too, although it was under built and had a problem with the MBs flexing and screwing up the video chip.

I'll probably just end up just using my work laptop. It's not really the best computer for CAD/CAM software, which I use daily, so I may just put together a decent desktop to replace it.

C|
kikkegek
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by kikkegek »

phil?
any update on the Android tuning software?
my project page, BBC 454 with LPG vapour injection:
my BBC 454 LPG vapour injection tuning story 8)

my Facebook projectpage:
My 1977 GMC C15 Suburban "Storm" 8)