Warm Up Enrichment - self tune

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Warm Up Enrichment - self tune

Post by piledriver »

LT401Vette wrote:Do you think that might be clearer than the "AFR Target Temperature Adjustment" Curve in the advanced tab?

That is essentially an AFR add / subtract curve.
Perhaps just a minor name change.

(warmup) AFR target vs. CLT is the goal , the WUE curve is just the calculated fuel to get you there.

I (ab)use the whole WUE table the same way, goes out to> 350F
(aircooled motor)
Same with "cold timing".
Always doing things the hard way, MS2 sequential w/ v1.01 mainboard, LS2 coils. 80 mile/day commuter status.
tomeric914
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by tomeric914 »

Wow, I totally missed this and am anxious to give it a whirl now that the temps are closer to freezing.

Like Pile, I have an air cooled engine as well BUT I use my oil temp as the warm up indicator instead of the head temp. Should be interesting considering that there are about 14 quarts of oil to warm up :lol:. Not sure how well this will work for me in this situation.

(Yes Pile, I should switch to head temp)
piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by piledriver »

tomeric914 wrote: (Yes Pile, I should switch to head temp)
Yes, you should :twisted: you may need to add a heater to your dry sump tank oil up to temp.
(I kid not, they sell them, I have a mylar thermal blanket setup for mine, you also probably should not run at full capacity on the street)

Sensor on intake port stud like Mario sells works if you don't trust my advanced "ziptie to pushrod tube" technique.
(latter works best with the free air sensor, but requires all the proper deflector tin underneath to shield it from external airflow)
Always doing things the hard way, MS2 sequential w/ v1.01 mainboard, LS2 coils. 80 mile/day commuter status.
turbo conversion
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by turbo conversion »

You gotta love zip tie-deflector technology. :lol:

David
1976 Datsun 280Z L28ET Garrett GT35R T3-T04E stage3 50 trim 63 A/R housing custom grind cam 2000-6000 rpm 440cc injectors intercooled 18 lbs. boost
3" exhaust turbo back LC-1 o2 sensor Hallman manual boost controller EDIS 6 ignition batch fire 60mm throttle body 5 spd T5 borg warner 3.54 lsd
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

There's high-tech, and there's high-enough tech ... :lol:
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
subwoofer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by subwoofer »

LT401Vette wrote:Do you think that might be clearer than the "AFR Target Temperature Adjustment" Curve in the advanced tab?

That is essentially an AFR add / subtract curve.
Reviving an old thread here with a bug/missing feature report. I think it has been reported before, but changes to the warm-up lambda target curve are not saved in the project. It is quite a nuisance to have to redo it every time I have want to run WUEA.
Joachim
1974 Jensen-Healey
1990 VW Caravelle Syncro - running MS3+X
2014 Ford Fiesta EcoBoost