VEAL suggestion

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

Philip Lochner
Super MS/Extra'er

VEAL suggestion

Post by Philip Lochner »

Phil

I'm sure I've asked for this before but if not, here it is again and if I did, please excuse me:

I'm still hoping for the operating dot to also indicate on the "Cell weighting map" where the engine is operating at. Here's why:
If there is an area that clearly has not received many data points (for VE tuning purposes), I want to get the engine to that area but without the operating point on the map, I have no idea how far away I am from that "undervisited" area and what I need to do to get it there. Having the operating point on the map will allow the tuner to very easily get the engine to the area that needs more time for tuning.

I realise that I can move the mouse pointer over that area to find out what rpm/load it is but then I have to go the VE map to get it there and concentrate on the PC screen and not on my driving. :lol:
Kind regards
Philip
'74 Jensen Interceptor 440ci (EFI'ed with MS2 and wasted spark + GM 4L60e GPIO controlled - both on Extra FW)
Philip Lochner
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: VEAL suggestion

Post by Philip Lochner »

Another suggestion:

It seems the only way to reset the cell weighting chart back to blank is to close TS and restart it. How about a button or right-click menu with a "Reset Cell weighting and Cell Change charts ?" OR

with a menu option somewhere where one can tell TS to reset the cell weighting and cell change chart every time you start Autotune?
Kind regards
Philip
'74 Jensen Interceptor 440ci (EFI'ed with MS2 and wasted spark + GM 4L60e GPIO controlled - both on Extra FW)
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by elutionsdesign »

If you save the tune the weighting chart clears. Actually its been awhile now since I've done it, I know at least that the change chart clears and I thought the weighting one did too but I could be mistaken.
Graduate of EFI University.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!
Philip Lochner
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Philip Lochner »

Philip Lochner wrote: I'm still hoping for the operating dot to also indicate on the "Cell weighting map" where the engine is operating at. Here's why:
If there is an area that clearly has not received many data points (for VE tuning purposes), I want to get the engine to that area but without the operating point on the map, I have no idea how far away I am from that "under visited" area and what I need to do to get it there. Having the operating point on the map will allow the tuner to very easily get the engine to the area that needs more time for tuning.
I've been using Auto Tune over the last two days (after a long time) and still miss not having the operating point on the "Cell Weighting" map.

Just hoping that TS has matured to the point where smaller features may get attention :D
Kind regards
Philip