small suggestions/tweaks

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

lagos
Experienced MS/Extra'er

small suggestions/tweaks

Post by lagos »

1. When an automatic log is created, could the file name be appended with whatever condition caused the log to be created?

Ex: 2014-04-08_07.04.59_Map_Over_100kpa.msl

2. When selecting a cell in 2d or 3d view mode, why isn't that same cell selection in place when switching modes? I like to use 3d mode to find unusual peaks in the fuel map and then switch over to 2d mode to see whats going on in that area, but currently the cell selection is independent in both views.

3. Could the gauges produce an audio alert when they read over a certain threshold? I busted a coolant hose last summer and my car started to over heat. I drove like this for a quite a while, before I realized there was a problem. I had my laptop hooked up, and wish that it had somehow alerted me that there was something going on.
lagos
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: small suggestions/tweaks

Post by lagos »

Also, shouldn't the 3d table for target afr be reversed so that it visually matches the VE table? Smaller numbers actually mean more fuel, so the table should go from a low point at idle to a high point at full throttle, and not the way it currently is.