Sensor calibration issue with MS1

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

TomppaHe
MS/Extra Newbie

Sensor calibration issue with MS1

Post by TomppaHe »

Hello,

I'm really having trouble with the temperature sensors in TunerStudio. I have searched solutions for two days but no success. I'm just not getting the temp sensors show right in TunerStudio.

I'm running MS1 2.2 board with MSExtra code and I have the latest v2.6.01 registered version of TunerStudio.
I have some Bosch and BAE sensors. I have made the inc-files using Easytherm and when I use Megatune they show correct. With Tunerstudio they don't. I have copied the inc-files (airdenfactor, matfactor, thermfactor) to C:\Program Files\EFIAnalytics\TunerStudioMS\inc and to C:\Users\T&T\Documents\TunerStudioProjects\Streetmachine\inc (Streetmachine being my project name). These were two different advices I found around message boards but no help for me. Also tried couple of other places for them but can't remember anymore.

WHAT am I missing?? In Megatune I get MAT=CLT=18C cold in garage while Tunerstudio shows 16 and 26C.

Also spent couple of hours looking for why don't I see thermistor table calibration tool that somebody suggested. It's not working with MS1 as I finally learned. I'm quite frustrated already so I really hope I would get some help here though I'm also bit shamed that I need to ask what feels such a beginner question.

regards, Tomi
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Sensor calibration issue with MS1

Post by LT401Vette »

The proper plaec to put the inc files from EasyTherm is:
[YourTunerStudioProjectFolder]/inc/

Which I looks to be:
C:\Users\T&T\Documents\TunerStudioProjects\Streetmachine\inc

It should be that simple if they are the correct inc files.

Can you post the inc files you are using?

Also when Tunerstudio shows 16 and 26C, if you change a gauge to CLT ADC and MAT ADC, when are the values being displayed for the raw ADCs?
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html
TomppaHe
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Sensor calibration issue with MS1

Post by TomppaHe »

By you pointing me in right way I was able to figure that the ADC values match with the temperature readings I get according to .inc file being used.

The problem was that Easytherm actually didn't modify the files because I didn't run it as admin. d*** Windows 7!! Somehow it did change the modified date of the file but not the content!

What I still can't figure out what .inc files Megatune was using as it was showing the right temps. All .incs' I could find had the same numbers. One of my major problems is that I'm not frequently working with Megasquirt and these sw's. When I have half year break I can't remember what was working last time... and so on.

Thanks very much. I think I'm ok for now. Now I get to try the warmup autotune which I hope will help my issues with cold engine.

Tomi